What constitutes "boring" minimal?

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

sorry i didnt mean to start a debate about k.
its not for me, but i would never judge people who use it, it's their choice.

but if you gave me the choice i'd rather be in a club full of loved up empathic people than one full of people wobbling around in their own worlds.
k had a bad effect on the techno scene in the UK when it became popular, but probably because people didnt know what size of dose to take.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Ive never really had a positive experience with K, not like the first time i took an E...

Now i dont ingest any chems, i have far more fun without them....

Ive done a few carry-ons in Ibiza wothout any chems; i actually managed to stay up longer than my mates who were all fucked...

Its all about the atmosphere of the particular party, drugs create a synthetic atmosphere, which is good sometimes, but my 'chemical romance' is over.....
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

i've had very funny experiences with "k", also a couple of bad ones and now take it only in very special occasions, maybe a couple of times a year.
i also think i have already had enough "e" for the next 30 years, and now i take it in "choosen" occasions, and have no problems going to a party and just drinking a couple of beers. it is fine and the week after i can also make music, work and have a good balance...

what i'm not able to do (with or without k, e, or whatever you want) is to stay at a party with boring music ... something new must be invented for this :wink: maybe a plugin?
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

As I'm getting older my drive (Well it's not really a drive) for taking drugs is getting less. I did a lot of E between 18 and 22 and I mean A LOT. But now some jack and cokes is just enough. Only on special occasions I'll take some. K I've never done, and let's keep it that way..
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

pheek wrote:- A lot of the usual minimal clickety click (ei. minus stuff), i just CANT stand it. But when i DJ, i really like to use them as a layer. Again, its a matter of timing and use.
Hmm I personally fail to see how your productions (not all of them of course) are so different than the minus stuff you can't stand.. And I absolutely don't mean this in a bad way or anything because I really like both and find neither boring, but for me there's just no obvious difference.
Andre schrama
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Andre schrama »

tettezak wrote:
pheek wrote:- A lot of the usual minimal clickety click (ei. minus stuff), i just CANT stand it. But when i DJ, i really like to use them as a layer. Again, its a matter of timing and use.
Hmm I personally fail to see how your productions (not all of them of course) are so different than the minus stuff you can't stand.. And I absolutely don't mean this in a bad way or anything because I really like both and find neither boring, but for me there's just no obvious difference.
i was thinking the same.
but i think people talk to much negative about minimal-music these days.
just listen what you like.
theirs always enough good music on this planet and offcourse you got bad music to.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

steevio wrote: but if you gave me the choice i'd rather be in a club full of loved up empathic people than one full of people wobbling around in their own worlds.
hmm, probably not the right place to get into a conversation about this, but I can't resist.

I guess your views have been influenced a lot by your experiences (obviously), but I think there are other possibilities for potential use. I have seen negative and positive usage of both of these chemicals, and both have potential for usefulness and uselessness.

For me personally, after the first couple of magical life affirming ecstasy experiences, it become quite a self obsessed personal craving. Where even if the effects of the chemical, ideally, were to increase empathy and feel closer to fellow humans, these kind of feelings were wholly enjoyable to me personally, and ecstasy in clubs was a way to chase them. Obviously putting myself into a negative and selfishly introverted state. Nowadays it is still quite similar, and I have to be fairly careful because it is kind of like emotional cocaine for me.

Ketamine, on the other hand, in the right kind of dosage (i.e. not much at all), does just enough to distance me from my own little world to integrate more seamlessly into other peoples, and quite ironically,, is probably more 'social' for me than ecstasy (in the right setting of course).

Funny old world, eh?
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

oblioblioblio wrote:
steevio wrote: but if you gave me the choice i'd rather be in a club full of loved up empathic people than one full of people wobbling around in their own worlds.
hmm, probably not the right place to get into a conversation about this, but I can't resist.

I guess your views have been influenced a lot by your experiences (obviously), but I think there are other possibilities for potential use. I have seen negative and positive usage of both of these chemicals, and both have potential for usefulness and uselessness.

For me personally, after the first couple of magical life affirming ecstasy experiences, it become quite a self obsessed personal craving. Where even if the effects of the chemical, ideally, were to increase empathy and feel closer to fellow humans, these kind of feelings were wholly enjoyable to me personally, and ecstasy in clubs was a way to chase them. Obviously putting myself into a negative and selfishly introverted state. Nowadays it is still quite similar, and I have to be fairly careful because it is kind of like emotional cocaine for me.

Ketamine, on the other hand, in the right kind of dosage (i.e. not much at all), does just enough to distance me from my own little world to integrate more seamlessly into other peoples, and quite ironically,, is probably more 'social' for me than ecstasy (in the right setting of course).

Funny old world, eh?
well thats one way to explain it!! That sounded like somethin Aldous Huxley woulda knocked up!! :wink:
Ur bang on tho mate,thing with ketamine is people get greedy with the small doses and b4 they know it they are too far in...but small doses COMPLETELY complents music...each drum hit,stab etc is enhanced by 100 times!!...and u can still sort of'dance',i dont move my feet much nowadays anyway