Smoking ban in UK causing clubs to behave like c*$%ts!!

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

clubfoot wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
clubfoot wrote:I am addicted to a substance that the government pressed on me since I was a small child. Now they don't wanna let me indulge. Cunts.
Wow, a government forced you to smoke???
err, no
Okay, English isn't my native language, so it's probably just because I didn't understand what you mean. Sorry, but would you explain it in details so everybody can follow you?
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

sure thing...

I'm just referring to the advertising of cigarettes - you know the marlboro man and all that - pretty much everywhere when I was growing up (not now) and now the outlawing of using cigarettes, yet they are still being sold. I think they should decide where they want to stand on it.

I think it's quite double standard in this transition period.

It's as ridiculous as if they started taxing marijuana and advertising it but still busted people for possessing it. Not the same exactly but just as hypocritical.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

clubfoot wrote:sure thing...

I'm just referring to the advertising of cigarettes - you know the marlboro man and all that - pretty much everywhere when I was growing up (not now) and now the outlawing of using cigarettes, yet they are still being sold. I think they should decide where they want to stand on it.

I think it's quite double standard in this transition period.

It's as ridiculous as if they started taxing marijuana and advertising it but still busted people for possessing it. Not the same exactly but just as hypocritical.

Ahh okay... actually I'm with you on this one.. :)
I don't understand this swarm of laws/regulations regarding smoking, as you say, it's very double moral.
If cigarettes were new today, they probably would be classified as a drug.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

I'll give them this: it's a Euro/US thing so any self-respecting European government has to get on this. It can't happen overnight (that would be a bit radical) so this is how it starts - smoking ban and alienation of remaining users. In ten/twenty years with every Euro country doing the same policy, it will probably eventually be made illegal or underground or something. I guess that's the long-term on this one.
Nocturnal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Nocturnal »

So if someone wants to go out for fresh air..do they charge them too..or is there a separate area for that??
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Nocturnal wrote:So if someone wants to go out for fresh air..do they charge them too..or is there a separate area for that??
I was thinking that too...
Nocturnal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Nocturnal »

they should have separate areas outside for those who wanna fart and have bo too :lol: