[MINUS60]Fabrizio Maurizi - Ok, Switch On

- wax
phiorio
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by phiorio »

betzy wrote:at least i hope fabrizio knows english better than us italians.
:( :oops: :cry: :roll: :?
wtf
indeed!
so bring on 10 more pages of conversation about another M-nus release! I wish all labels will get the same attention on this forum! btw, I am bored already :wink:
jackyx
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackyx »

hard to judge a track on a 60 second sample but what i hear is funny and i dont like funny records ;)

c´mon minus -> serious business !!
Jamesventuri
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jamesventuri »

phiorio wrote:
wtf
indeed!
so bring on 10 more pages of conversation about another M-nus release! I wish all labels will get the same attention on this forum! btw, I am bored already :wink:
You are right phiorio.. there are loads of labels that deserve attention too, but people cant just understand that.. :?

regarding this release..

i am happy a young italian managed to reach minus....but i do not like the tracks simply because i have different tastes..this does NOT mean that i think its sh!t music or that richie is an ass.
I still play minus releases like theorem vs stewart walker, bug vs hawtin, the first houle lp, i.a. bericochea etc.... but i think minus completely revolutionised their music policy and unluckily for me it diverges from my tastes..Anyway i still respect their work and i think it is inappropriate to insult a newcomer who worked his ass off to release his music...i wish the best and good luck to fabrizio maurizi and please guys stop fighting over wherever music is good or bad....its silly and anyway you will always find people that will argue with you...

cheers

J.
------>>>>hey everybody : Im a fcking pedophile faggot

http://www.myspace.com/djjamesventuriofficial
phiorio
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by phiorio »

Jamesventuri wrote:
phiorio wrote:
wtf
indeed!
You are right phiorio.. there are loads of labels that deserve attention too, but people cant just understand that.. :?

regarding this release..

i am happy a young italian managed to reach minus....but i do not like the tracks simply because i have different tastes..this does NOT mean that i think its sht music or that richie is an ass.
I still play minus releases like theorem vs stewart walker, bug vs hawtin, the first houle lp, i.a. bericochea etc.... but i think minus completely revolutionised their music policy and unluckily for me it diverges from my tastes..Anyway i still respect their work and i think it is inappropriate to insult a newcomer who worked his ass off to release his music...i wish the best and good luck to fabrizio maurizi and please guys stop fighting over wherever music is good or bad....its silly and anyway you will always find people that will argue with you...

cheers

J.
James, you are absolutely right here! Ultimately people's taste is what matters so there will always be punters liking old m-nus releases and other people like the most recent ones and so on....
I won't give any comment myself on this particular release but I think it's utterly pointless that every time there is a M-nus release people on this forum discuss about the same things (M-nus gone commercial, Richie signing this and that etc) over and over again....people should spend less time arguing about if M-nus recent stuff's good or bad and maybe spend more time checking out new and exciting labels?
Last edited by phiorio on Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

the few minus releases that I bought were played two or three times and went back to the deepest shelves or corners of my hard disk. This one, I won't even bother to buy. I really don't get why Minus gets all the attention they get when some other labels that I like a lot have to struggle to get some feedback or even reviews on sites.
But I've given up the idea that people actually listen to the music. 90% of the people just buy whatever is on the chart of dj a or b, and some more just buy whatever is on the right label. Strange.
Anyway, if Hawtin likes this stuff, it's his good right to sign this music and it's a nice step up for the young artist.
BrozI
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by BrozI »

Jacopo wrote:the a1 side it's quite good for me, but sure, from m-nus i expect an other kind of sounds, a step down for its in last times..
+1
I C U
Tom Dazing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Tom Dazing »

maybe you all got your hopes up too high...
for me it's not a bad neither a real good release, it's just a release that some people like and some don't.
this is just a sign that minus has already built a real high reputation, and now releasing something average doesn't give you the right to disrespect the label, just don't buy it, and give your attention to in-your-opinion other good releases or labels.

i have to agree with jamesventuri it's not done to rape a new signed artist like this and spamming this is not a good release
although i also find like psytox that it's funny that this gets more attention on reviewsites or playlists like some other labels
Last edited by Tom Dazing on Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonny-
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Sonny- »

it's logical that this label get's so much attention from the crowd, if u talk to people who don't know much about minimal, they say "ow yeah i know that, minus the richie hawtin label... " they've build up a rep through the years
and everybody expects they live up to it...

and i think no one is dissing the label here, it's just some healthy criticism and people expressing their opinion of the track.. and it's logical that everyone knows this label who is into the scene.

and idd like dazing says, don't like it , don't buy it :)