Regarding REAL mixing

- open
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

skept wrote: so a radio dj is just as exciting as a dance music dj then?
Just two words: John Peel.
nikaj
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nikaj »

re: radio djs - the wizard yo!

don't matter about what u use though. computers crash all the time, thats a pretty big risk, don't add sh!t to the club-going experience.
chrisjechorek
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by chrisjechorek »

ow wow this is a perfect time to drop my mix. It sucks the beats sarent matched some tracks are off speed and the basslines come in the wrong times it seems its my 38 th mix. the track selection is off seing i tried tothrow some old lusine and the nuw deadbeat track. But hey wut the hell the sound is so clear and the tracks are fun but not arrenged properly. Im still learning..whta u think huh...? hows the vibe?

1:16 @128
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dzyrra :D
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

chrisjechorek wrote:ow wow this is a perfect time to drop my mix. It sucks the beats sarent matched some tracks are off speed and the basslines come in the wrong times it seems its my 38 th mix. the track selection is off seing i tried tothrow some old lusine and the nuw deadbeat track. But hey wut the hell the sound is so clear and the tracks are fun but not arrenged properly. Im still learning..whta u think huh...? hows the vibe?

1:16 @128
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dzyrra :D
lol...nice sell job. sounds really convincing :D
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

Track Selection and order amongst chaos... don't matter whats used...
psiclist
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

other aspects

Post by psiclist »

Live beat matching is an integral part of the way we have traditionally appreciated DJ's. Obviously, the creative possibilities available through the use of software are vast in comparison to vinyl -- BUT until I hear something compelling enough to convince me that live beat matching can be left off I'll opt for the vinyl (or CD or tape) performance every time.
I've seen incredible live PA's that were software driven, and every time the show resembled a concert more than a DJ set. To me, DJing still means live beat matching.
work that mthrfckr
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: other aspects

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

psiclist wrote:Live beat matching is an integral part of the way we have traditionally appreciated DJ's. Obviously, the creative possibilities available through the use of software are vast in comparison to vinyl -- BUT until I hear something compelling enough to convince me that live beat matching can be left off I'll opt for the vinyl (or CD or tape) performance every time.
I've seen incredible live PA's that were software driven, and every time the show resembled a concert more than a DJ set. To me, DJing still means live beat matching.
Beat matching is the most basic and rudimentary part of DJing. A good DJ isn't measured by their ability to beat match - it's expected. It's a prerequisite.

It's one thing to just play a bunch of tracks into each other, and it's another to know what parts of tracks to play into each other and to build compelling improvised elements and putting them together in a way that makes sense and is greater than the sum of it's parts.. DJing is SOOO much more than that and beatmatching is so insignificant in comparison to everything else.

Because of this, i'm of the thought that if there is software and other methods out there that allow the process of beatmatching to be bypassed, that it isn't "cheating" or something... people could then concentrate on the parts that really matter.

side note - it could be recognized as a talent of it's own if you look at those people that are beatmatching a million things at once across MANY turntables... but that's a whole other ballgame and not being talked about here.

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "