This makes me mad!

- open
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

skept wrote:
pheek wrote:I'm a bit discouraged to see how people get to say this producer X has become their favorite producer after listening to one "hit" or one EP. It's like falling in love at first sight, many times it fades away if you're not looking at the main elements.
i am a bit discouraged because the one hit wonders you are talking about release a killer tune then i wait and wait and wait for more releases and i never hear from them again...
Yeah thats why I don't understand why some people elect some of these guys as "my favorite producer". I see someone as a favorite one when I get to hear many things of them. And usually when I love someone, it's for a long time. In my list, I have Miles Davis, Maurizio, Villalobos, Steve Reich to name a few...

I don't mind people making a one time hit, it's cool. But it takes me a lot more to get them in my wow-list :P
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

pheek wrote:I for myself, was one of those people that would go to artists to thank them. it is not much but I believe a performance is a moment of devotion and the ones that really touched me, deserved to be highlighted.
understoond on the giving thanks. but i will stick to giving mine at the end of a performance by clapping my hands and yelling like a fool.
pheek wrote:Oh and one last thing, never underestimate people that are "groupie"... some look really dumb, act weird but believe me, some really remember you after a few months. treat everyone as you want to be treated, even if you don't know them. It's a rule of courtesy. 8)
hey not trying to talk bad about these people. i never said i would treat them bad either. i am no fascist, to each his/her own, without a doubt. i just question their motivations.
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

i got followed right up to my car at my last gig
it's pretty hard then to keep things polite...
i had to tell her i was married and had kids to chase her away
she was high on coke... it didn't seem to matter

i hope she doesn't remember me if i run into her again lol
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

skept wrote:hey not trying to talk bad about these people. i never said i would treat them bad either. i am no fascist, to each his/her own, without a doubt. i just question their motivations.
I hear you!
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

pheek wrote:I for myself, was one of those people that would go to artists to thank them. it is not much but I believe a performance is a moment of devotion and the ones that really touched me, deserved to be highlighted.
I'm one of those ppl too - do that every time I'm moved. Never taking any pictures though its totally silly. And I think its rly nice for an artist to have instantaneous feedback like, I for one would love seeing ppl rly relate to my music. If noone comes after the show it would feel like u didn't even do anything.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

When I play I'm always receptive of the people around me, in fact I enjoy their enthusiasm and deliver high quality tunes and mixing to show my gratitude

But dear friends, I hate local DJ acts, rotterdam is full of hot shot dj's.. They think they own the damn place, wherever they are..There is no winning with this new breed of wannabe hawtins and ricardo's.. Jeez sometimes i get so mad i often leave the place. They've always got this "I'm-just-like-richie, look-how-cool-I-am, please-love-me-now" -Look on their face and it makes me wanna hurl!

So a message to all wannaHawtins from me..
1. learn to smile/dance and enjoy your music (your not a bloody scientist)
2. Your records/laptop does not pay at the door, we do, so pay some bloody attention to the crowd

it seems i'm in a complaining mood today
minidine
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minidine »

Eeeemoooke!! I hope u will read this!!

Maybe we are going to open a branch office in Hungary :lol: I think in Budapest. :wink:
emoke
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by emoke »

YESSSS I READ THIS 8)

Still, Budapest is far from me though it's closer than Bucharest ;)
I own all of your candies!