mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

does this actually help at all?
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

lpas wrote:are you sure "fade in" is switched off for the sample ? i wondered why the first kick in ableton always had this "pffft" feelin. then i recognized that live sets "fade in" by default. now i check that "fade in" is switched off in all kind of percussiv samples and everything is fine.
but this behaviour relates only to audiosamples.

in earlier versions of live they had this problem when a compressor was inserted but this was solved in version 4 i think.

i thought that turning the fade in would kind of solve the problem since the signal burst wouldn't be that drastic, but it's the same. :(
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

Tek23 wrote:make a new audio track
set it's input to "resample"

now that track wil record the master output into a clip

its a great way to record session jams as well...
if your session works by launching sceens then you just need to remove all the stop buttons on the track you are recording into.

you would also need to do this if you are recording external gear
I've just been trying this. How do I get it to record one long continuous file on the arrange page which I can then save as a presentable live session and convert to mp3? I can get it to record a scene clip on the session view but this starts a new one every time i flick between my scenes - a la jamming.
Tek23
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Tek23 »

record it into a clip

do you know how to "remove stop buttons" ? its a right click on an empty clip cell in 5 or "apple/ctrl - e" in earlier versons

so put the clip you are recording to in a blank sceen, remove all the stop buttons on that track, then the clip will record uninturpted as you jam fireing sceens
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

thanks Tek23 - i'll give this a go today then