music production and health

- ask away
yacek
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by yacek »

pheek wrote:i can work 12h+ per day in front of the computer. There's nothing like yoga to help...
lol...i spend almost all time starring at a screen... im about to take "pilates" at my college though :) something i would recommend doing is making sure you have a high end monitor and that it's BIG and get some glasses to protect your eyes (there special so you have to set an appointment with your doctor) and a comfy ass chair.
BigPoe
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BigPoe »

Glad it's not just me suffering!

I find one of the biggest problems I have is that when I (finally) go to bed I have loops going round in my head and just can't get to sleep. The next day I'm like a Zombie at work. I know the trick is to take regular breaks and stop well before you hit the sack but I find it so hard to do this.
luminous
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by luminous »

surprised to see that in thread like this nobody mentioned smoking marijuana and producing :shock:

as for me too much smoking is past but there were months where i was pernamently stoned and trying to make sth really good in that state is really hard (although you often think that you are making great things...) in the end i ate like sh!t,looked like sh!t,felt like sh!t..

these days green tea works best for me while producing,and yoga/sport/ overall "staying clear" while not

and simply deep breathing (through nose) can do amazing things
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I've started getting some bad problems now that my work job is computer too.

one of the knuckles on my fingers swelled up quite badly, like inside the joint and I was a little worried, but I just stopped using it for typing for a while and now it's fine.

I think if you're careful you can be ok, but there are many things to watch out for.

Also that stodgey feeling from being in the exact same place for quite a while.

things like weed and tea and producing are weird ones. i don't really see them in the same catagory as physical symptoms but I think it's worth being careful.

I don't drink caffiene in the morning and try and stop well before bedtime. It makes me sleep badly and also interferes with dreaming. There are some wwonderful hot beverages other that tea tea or coffee. Redbush tea, Green tea, peppermint, fruity teas.

Weed I have to be careful with. I go through phases of not smoking anything and smoking quite a bit. If I smoke too much my music is quite self centred. Like an aardvark only looking at the ground. Bu the right amount and it increases my perception of certain things. Very good for rhythm programming imo.
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

Nordin
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Nordin »

Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

I don't smoke dope anymore but back when I did it never mixed well with producing, I'd just make a nice loop then leave it going round and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and, fck, lets by some crisps from the offie! and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around.........
humeka
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by humeka »

Myfirstcasio wrote:I don't smoke dope anymore but back when I did it never mixed well with producing, I'd just make a nice loop then leave it going round and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and, fck, lets by some crisps from the offie! and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around.........
lol, same for me!

I was able to hear "ghost" elements in my music... and unable to hear it again the day after...