Smoking ban in UK causing clubs to behave like c*$%ts!!

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Robot Criminal wrote::shock: wow
wristbands for a fee + fingerprints = w t f
and also the 10 mins limit.. it's pretty crazy IMO.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

I actually think that outside areas for smokers are a good thing because for me as a nonsmoker its really disgusting , on the other hand i dont have a huge problem with smokers in club areas but the fact about the wristbands and the entry fee as well as the 10 minute thing makes it pretty ridicolous.

I think a proper Outside Area would have been turned out better and much more easier.
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

ekwipt wrote: the clubs are now forced to build outside areas to cater for the smokers, the dollar has to be passed on to someone and i'll be fucked if my covercharge goes up to cover someone who chooses to still smoke after repeated warning from health officials of it's ill effects.

I mean everyones free to do what they want to, but i shouldn't have to pay for it
yeah thats the reason it happens. lots of clubs in heavily built up areas were caught out by the smoking ban, this is their solution. its not great sure, but its a necessary evil.

investing in smoking areas is good anyway, its where all the fun people go.
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

ekwipt wrote:
the clubs are now forced to build outside areas to cater for the smokers, the dollar has to be passed on to someone and i'll be fucked if my covercharge goes up to cover someone who chooses to still smoke after repeated warning from health officials of it's ill effects.

I mean everyones free to do what they want to, but i shouldn't have to pay for it
Right. First of all the club in my picture is called SEOne in London. They have not built any smoking room at all. They are charging smokers to go outside and smoke ON THE STREET! It says that in the picture if you bother to read it.

Secondly. If a club does 'build' an outside area (usually its just a bit of land adjoining to the outside of the club cordoned off) then how long are they gonna charge the smokers extra money for to pay for it? I think charging £1 for a fucking wristband 2 or 3 times a week on maybe 1000 punters will pay it off pretty damn quickly. Yet I'm sure these unscrupulous bastards will be charging this fee forever now. And it WILL go up! It'll be £1.50 in a year etc etc!!

Its wrong! And I'm not a massive smoker, just like the odd one or two on a night out. But even if I smoked zero, I still believe in freedom of individuals and they have a right to smoke in a designated area if they want to. I fucking hate it when people are so righteous that they start spouting off about "why should I pay for this and why should I pay for that when they know how bad it is for them". And what about drinkers exactly? Or is that good for everyones health? No because thats still legal and 'acceptable' drug to do then thats okay. Too many people jumping on the 'damning smokers' bandwagon and talking about them like they are the scourge of our planet! People won't be so fucking quick to damn them if they all stopped overnight and your taxes from your wages doubled due to all the governments loss of revenue from cigarette sales! Please tell me you don't believe the governments won't crucify EVERYONE if this happened.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

hotpace wrote:
ekwipt wrote:
the clubs are now forced to build outside areas to cater for the smokers, the dollar has to be passed on to someone and i'll be fucked if my covercharge goes up to cover someone who chooses to still smoke after repeated warning from health officials of it's ill effects.

Right. First of all the club in my picture is called SEOne in London. They have not built any smoking room at all. They are charging smokers to go outside and smoke ON THE STREET! It says that in the picture if you bother to read it.

Secondly. If a club does 'build' an outside area (usually its just a bit of land adjoining to the outside of the club cordoned off) then how long are they gonna charge the smokers extra money for to pay for it? I think charging £1 for a fucking wristband 2 or 3 times a week on maybe 1000 punters will pay it off pretty damn quickly. Yet I'm sure these unscrupulous bastards will be charging this fee forever now. And it WILL go up! It'll be £1.50 in a year etc etc!!

Its wrong! And I'm not a massive smoker, just like the odd one or two on a night out. But even if I smoked zero, I still believe in freedom of individuals and they have a right to smoke in a designated area if they want to. I fucking hate it when people are so righteous that they start spouting off about "why should I pay for this and why should I pay for that when they know how bad it is for them". And what about drinkers exactly? Or is that good for everyones health? No because thats still legal and 'acceptable' drug to do then thats okay. Too many people jumping on the 'damning smokers' bandwagon and talking about them like they are the scourge of our planet! People won't be so fucking quick to damn them if they all stopped overnight and your taxes from your wages doubled due to all the governments loss of revenue from cigarette sales! Please tell me you don't believe the governments won't crucify EVERYONE if this happened.

maybe you could get watchdog involved?
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

hotpace wrote:
People won't be so fucking quick to damn them if they all stopped overnight and your taxes from your wages doubled due to all the governments loss of revenue from cigarette sales! Please tell me you don't believe the governments won't crucify EVERYONE if this happened.
i think the goverment would be absolutely thrilled if everyone stopped smoking.. saves a LOT of medical costs in the long run...
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

thomasjaldemark wrote:
hotpace wrote:
People won't be so fucking quick to damn them if they all stopped overnight and your taxes from your wages doubled due to all the governments loss of revenue from cigarette sales! Please tell me you don't believe the governments won't crucify EVERYONE if this happened.
i think the goverment would be absolutely thrilled if everyone stopped smoking.. saves a LOT of medical costs in the long run...
Then you're living in a rose tinted world where governments aren't bastard, fat cat manipulators of everything.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

hotpace wrote:
thomasjaldemark wrote:
hotpace wrote:
Then you're living in a rose tinted world where governments aren't bastard, fat cat manipulators of everything.
please tell me your a teenager.