Crash and Burn

- ask away
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Crash and Burn

Post by Measax »

So I'm 6 minutes into a track I've been working on last night and Ableton crashed. I was running audio from a drum machine throught ableton and doing some processing (saturation etc.) I also was using two midi devices. A uc33 e and midi sport 4X4 to send data to my dm. I had 6 audio channels (with effects) and 4 channels sending midi data to my dm. THis was all be routed through a fw 410 to a 4 channel dj mixer with sends and effects. I had some arpegios going on and a few randomizers as well. I had a crazy effect from the dm going on and the audio level came up a bit. Nex thing I know it crash. I think it crashed due the audio coming in and a buffer. when I relaunched and reopened the project the same thing kept happening until I changed the audio level. I have a mac book pro 2.0 with 1 gig of ram....all my samples were coming from a fw drive 7200 and my dm. Does anyone KNow what the problem was here? Is the audio buffer and effect dependent on how hot your channel is???? Thats the only way I could see it crash cause I was only at 40 % cpu. I had a au limiter on ever out so as not to peak and I was recording on another computer....It really pissed me off....if this why...that sucks...but what should i do?
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

You might have already done this... Try to see if a plugin is behaving badly.

I used to have problems when I'd use both vst's and AU's on mac...

Is there still a slider in the prefs to adjust the maximum cpu that will be allocated to Live? Could be part of it.

Good luck.