Beatport - The backlash!!

- open
simondodson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

bport rules

Post by simondodson »

i havnt read this whole thread only parts ... and to me beatport is a saviour ... its given me back my tracks .. i can buy wat i want when i want and honestly i think its very very cheap .. the term mp3 being invisible is just an insane idea .. its intellectual property ...

to me beatport is A1 ...

im certainly not complaining ..

not to mention the record shops here in OZ dont stock minimal , actually they look at me like an idiot when i request it ...

i *heart* beatport
<i><b>Sometimes you get so alone, It just makes sense.</b></i>
-
.//simondodson.com
.//myspace.com/switchkid
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

f3d4r wrote:why are they refusing labels? it's just some extra bandwith and a bit of typing work on the site right? i'd understand if they refused shitty hardstyle/jump but pheek was on the minus and minus is on beatport.. :?:

did they hook you up with a reason?
I think that beatport is trying to position itself as a premium online records store. I disagree about what happened to pheek, however beatpost is trying to go global and be at the forefront of global online record stores. The way to achieve this is to sell universally accepted (underground) and artists with proven sales trackrecords. Its basic marketing guys, and its messed up.

The other thing is they do no want to confuse their visitors by selling unknown stuff because then the company focus may shift from premium record store to a "lesser known" artist promotion/podium.. If you wanna sell to the masses you gotta appeal to the masses.

Besides when Pheek starts to sell online chances are we'll all buy a copy :-) that 5000+ in the first week, lets see beatport deny him then haha
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Rich wrote:Just got an e-mail today from Beatport, offering various full albums at reduced special offer prices. Maybe Richie reads mnml.nl!!!!

8)
Richie owns part of Beatport guess that's why he pushes it so hard and was quoted as saying vinyl has gone the way of the dinosaur. cha ching!