[EGO201] Taiga Blues - Im kleinen Kreis

- free art
dataman
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[EGO201] Taiga Blues - Im kleinen Kreis

Post by dataman »

For two years now, Legoego has been synonymous with high quality music on the internet. Designed as a promotion platform for artist from all over the world, the increasing hype around netlabels and podcasts helped it grow into a popular site for innovative and individual music full of personality and character. Over the past two years, Legoego has been able to support and give a home to many young talents, and on occasion even the odd well known veteran could be won over for the project. However, every boom involves sacrifices. In this case, the increasing number of music released under a Creative Commons License has brought with it an increase in poor quality releases. In this "release mania" everything that can be put out under the banner of a Creative Commons License is considered music or even art. As a result we are often left with nothing but randomness and overload. The term "netlabel" is turned into pure exhibitionism and undermines everything that is important to Legoego. It has always been crucial for Legoego to maintain a certain level of musical quality, which we will always define independently of musical genres or even cutting across genre boundaries. As such, safeguarding and developing this quality level is Legoego's top priority. This has made the following changes necessary for the future: All released tracks will still be available for free download as 128 kBit/s (common quality) coded files, i.e. in the most widely used MP3 resolution. Additionally, registered users will be given the opportunity to purchase all tracks in high resolution files of 320 kBit/s. This will enable the listener to show their appreciation for all the hard work and inspiration that goes into the works released on Legoego.

Starting with the very guitar orientated and rock-y LP "Im kleinen Kreis" (EGO201) by Taiga Blues (Carsten Mandt), Legoego will initiate this next step of direct online distribution.

Visit: http://www.legoego.de/2.0/releases/EGO201

01 Taiga Blues - Overture (03:00)
02 Taiga Blues - Being Static Is Not An Option (05:28)
03 Taiga Blues - U & I (Part 1) (08:31)
04 Taiga Blues - Murmeltier (01:40)
05 Taiga Blues - Recycling (02:26)
06 Taiga Blues - Im kleinen Kreis (04:30)
07 Taiga Blues - Tulips (02:47)

Regards,
Oskar Rudzki & Andreas Seibel
legoego.de
lcaise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcaise »

Why You put his release in 'netlabels' if I must pay for full high quality .. :/ It's nonsense ..
facebook.com/lcaise.official
facebook.com/tanztonerecords
_minimalnet_
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by _minimalnet_ »

In this case, the increasing number of music released under a Creative Commons License has brought with it an increase in poor quality releases. In this "release mania" everything that can be put out under the banner of a Creative Commons License is considered music or even art. As a result we are often left with nothing but randomness and overload. The term "netlabel" is turned into pure exhibitionism and undermines everything that is important to Legoego.
I am totally discord with this, in addition that seems unjust for the others netlabels.

I think is logical and respectable that a person decide to charge by his work, but is not necessary look for excuses to justify that decision or insinuate that to give quality is necessary the money, that is not truth. There are many netlabels offering an amazing quality without receiving nothing in return.

In netlabels the means deficiencies is surpassed with other values more importants like the creativity, freshness, originality, enthusiasm, freedom. Values Very distant of the word money.

Free music in a capitalist society, that is the romantic thing in all this movement.
dataman
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dataman »

there is no definition in netlabeling due to the quality of the encoded files. so we are still a "netlabel" with 128kbps mp3. feel free to download them. additionally, we are a label which offers 320kbps mp3 for charge. so, whats the matter?
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

dataman wrote:so, whats the matter?
it's the beginning of the transition process from the "mostly free" netlabel model to a "mostly paying" one, which was bound to happen anyway... so people are a bit confused with the definition of the word "netlabel"

can you imagine what will happen with the archipel releases??? there will be in "labels" for a certain time, and then a moderator will have to systematically move them to the "netlabels" section when they become free!!!

hehe ;) get ready for a lot of debating on all this terminology in the near future!!! but don't worry, it's only going to last a few years :lol:

and I dunno what's going to happen and how; but all I know is that you won't see any post from me in all those "label vs netlabel" debates ;)
_minimalnet_
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by _minimalnet_ »

I dont have any problem that you shell your music, but for that wasnt necesary use expresions like "exhibitionism" or "releasemania" in a negative way to the other netlabels.
dataman
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dataman »

indeed, there are many brilliant netlables out there, but infact there are lots of more wannalike netlabels which spread ugly stuff around. and the best is that these using the same distribution channels then the brilliant ones. for an interessted person in netalabels, this is very anoying.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

_minimalnet_ wrote:I dont have any problem that you shell your music, but for that wasnt necesary use expresions like "exhibitionism" or "releasemania" in a negative way to the other netlabels.
I've been confused where to post my new netreleases as they're for sale but then will be free. I'm not even sure if it should be in label or netlabel. :?

Regarding your reaction, i can understand that it annoys you but I kinda understand why Dataman used that term. It's his view.