[BOOGIZM 013] dB - god's will phone center EP out now!

- wax
smax
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[BOOGIZM 013] dB - god's will phone center EP out now!

Post by smax »

this time boogizm is proud to present the extraordinary skills of daniel bemberger aka dB from vienna, who has already established his reputation as one of the most original minimal producers around. in the past he has released several eps on labels as karloff, substatic and background, his work culminating in his superb album "peron" on background.
his style has no comparison in contemporary dance music - fragmented, jazzy, moody, yet groovy and functional, and most of all, unique!

the ep starts with "tower of love", guitarlike sounds and rhodes chords add up to an allembracing warmth manifested in a multilayered structure telling a story of beauty in rhythm. "god's will phone center" catches the listener somewhere else, a tip more to the darkside, yet another manifestation of dBs talent, creating an emotional intensity, the much stressed word "deepness" does fit in here!

the b-side features remixes by dhammabrothers boogizm-crew itself starting with s-max interpretation of "god's will phone center" and fym reworking "tower of love".
of course they present a funked up amalgamation of the original ingredients, danceability is worked on following the parameters of boogizm style. archieving floorburn-qualities is done speaking special fym/ s-max language.

concentrating on refining the non-clichee dancemusic, penetrating into the realm of the unheard- tracks, that stand the test of time, actually being open to the experiment and yet being playable in clubs is primary target of boogizm. happy about collaborations with other gifted and much respected artists and friends (like daniel bell, ark, dB, mike shannon, paradroid, jeff milligan) they continue releasing original stuff and manage to remain one of the unique labels within the field of contemporary minimal-house.

upcoming releases: BGZM 014 by s-max, including a remix by renowned mike shannon, who's growing right now with his album "possible conclusions to stories that never end" released on ~scape some months ago.

liberating all beings from the bondages of existence in this realm of mind and matter is their highest aspiration- may all of u be happy!

boogizm is ditributed by KOMPAKT and should be available at your local record store!
djxlr8r
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djxlr8r »

S-Max!!! Such a rare appearance for ya here on this board but regarding the new release (dB), I already purchased a couple of weeks ago and it's really good but honestly I prefer your rmx track and Fym's rmx track the best over dB's tracks. Not to take anything away from dB but he just tends to make tracks that are not as "mix friendly" even though they are good tracks but hey that's imo so in no way is this comment negative. Anyways, I'm a huge fan of your underrated label and if I may ask, will there ever be a Keinzweiter release or even a remix for Boogizm on the horizon? The man has the resume to meet your expectations, just planting a seed tis all.
smax
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

different ways of perceiving things...

Post by smax »

hello unknown!
you now, in order to anything manifesting itself, several factors must align. tobi / keinzweiter never gave any demo, we didn't asked...but his friend paradroid is one of the few, that did a boogizm yet.
and everything is still possible!
beauty is independent from standards, and everything can be mixed together in the end of the day! :)
smax
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

different ways of perceiving things...

Post by smax »

hello unknown!
you now, in order to anything manifesting itself, several factors must align. tobi / keinzweiter never gave any demo, we didn't asked...but his friend paradroid is one of the few, that did a boogizm yet.
and everything is still possible!
beauty is independent from standards, and everything can be mixed together in the end of the day! :)
smax
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

getting used to this!

Post by smax »

i almost hate doing stupid spelling + grammar mistakes! :!:
djxlr8r
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djxlr8r »

Thanks for the reply s-max. I hope to see something in the future. I hope that you can help me out on one final thing that has me and my friend bugging for the past few months and that is, what is the very first track that you play on your latest mix set that you did for http://www.lang-kuechenundaccessoires.de I think that it might be a track on an upcoming Boogizm release, maybe the next one? is it? Because it's just amazing, thanks once again.
smax
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

mixing the mixes...

Post by smax »

hello dj xlr8r,
do you refer to the first or second part of that mix?
anyway i will have to download it myself, i got the whole mix as one mp3, so i've got no idea...but i will tell you asap!
enjoy your stay on this planet in this body, everyone!
djxlr8r
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djxlr8r »

It's the first part, the track you play after that is on Wake Up to Ape Like Perfection - Boogizm of course, but the first track is simply amazing. It's gotta be one of your upcoming tracks. Mind you I have a fair collection of your records so as far as noticing your type of sound I can pretty much distinguish em. My buddy and I are thinking that it might be on an upcoming Boogizm?