what the f@uck makes these sounds

- ask away
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

cool tracks.

you could also simply take some organ preset on your favourite synth and modulate the pitch slightly with a lfo.
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

yeah unknown is nice, simple sine wave synth. with lfo linked to detune, sounds good tho.

but heres a tip, don't copy the latest trend in sound. decide for yourself sounds good, and then make it a trend.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

I'm definately with Kenada on this one.. if you think that sound is cool, fiddle aorund, turn some knobs.. and you might get something even cooler.. 8)
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

This is simply just basic synth patches with clever programming. Instead of banging out keys on the keyboard, try finding a good sequencer that really fucks with things. In that, I mean a synth that is only knobs and has some good shuffle. I use an instrument in Reaktor 5 called the "monoliner" sequencer. It offers interesting things you normally wouldn't get by fussing around on the piano roll or a keyboard. If you can get your hands on it I guarantee you will be able to get stuff like you want.

If you got a ton of money to spend and want a nice hardware sequencer...get this:
Image Otherwise find a cheap hardware substitue like I did.

Oh, and to anyone else out there reading...if you find a really good VSTi that sequences just like this please let me know the name or hook me up with it. I use the one in Reaktor currently but would like to sequence different VSTi's besides the Reaktor instruments I have.
tzusing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tzusing »

i feel yo pain larry. but yea...like what all these guys are saying. (i'm no expert at synth programming) but any normal subtractive synth can do it. work one wave against the other by tuning one off...and you'll kinda get this sound. it helps to one wave's attack slower than the other wave...so when the slower wave comes in it detunes the whole thing.
crazylarry
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by crazylarry »

thanks for the help. im not trying to copy anyone, but i like that style, and im jsut trying to make stuff like that, you know? having the slower attack on the second wave sounds like a bad ass idea. cant wait to try that. ill def have to look at the monoliner.

i buld one of those xox boxes, the clone of the 303, love the way that sequences. its nice not playing notes on teh piano:)

L-
steffensen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by steffensen »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:... Oh, and to anyone else out there reading...if you find a really good VSTi that sequences just like this please let me know the name or hook me up with it. I use the one in Reaktor currently but would like to sequence different VSTi's besides the Reaktor instruments I have.

eXT. can do such things, even not exactly the same. i personally like the random feature in the midi part module.

audio damage have something looking nice too;
http://www.audiodamage.com/product_info ... ucts_id=13

VAZ should be able to do this as well, probly relly good too.
http://www.museresearch.com/kvr/i/b/vazmod.gif

found this too;
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/675.html

there are certainly other "analog" sequencers around that i dont know about. if u find any, post it in here will you. :)

btw, wouldnt it be possible to use Reaktor to control external synths etc. by midi learn/midi cc?
intellijel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by intellijel »

Anyone know where I can find monliner for reaktor 5?