Phreak - signal failure (minimal/techno mix)

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

Phreak
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Phreak - signal failure (minimal/techno mix)

Post by Phreak »

Hello,

My first mix uploaded here, basically a testmix for a new system serato scratch live i started with last week..workin fine i would say!

Any comment welcome..

Download Mix(Right click,Save as)
crisp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by crisp »

Serato works fine indeed!! i'm rocking the system for 4 months now and the only negative thing i can say abouth it is that most clubs are to damn lazy to adapt to the future.

Nice mix!!

peace
crisp
Phreak
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phreak »

Thanks Crisp,

Yes indeed..but hopefully that will change in the future ;)
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

what is "best" of serato and fs2?

haven't really read so much discussions about it, anyone got experience with both?

planning to buy fs2 this summer, but always nice to hear other ppls opinions as well :)
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

yea did somebody check both of them ??
use fs2 and am really glad with it ...
crisp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by crisp »

yep , i did, both programs are realy good. And when it comes to stability much depends on the configuration of your laptop, the connections to the mixer, the quality of the needles, quality of your control records,... everything has to be top notch!! I wouldnt use the same laptop for gigging as the one you use for internet for example.

I have a mac G4 and it is used for Serato only, everything else that wasnt neccesary for that got removed. So basicly i've got a complete empty mac with only serato on it and i can assure you that it works rock solid!!!

When i tested fs2 i experienced some minor glitches (but it was on a laptop running under windows). But if your hear steve bug and magda rocking with final scratch (well configured macs!!) you cant say its a crappy program can you?? Eventually i chose for Serato because of the fact that it was a bit cheaper, it is supposed to be more stabel and the vertical (fs2 is horizontal) audiodisplay has some nice beatmatchingadvantages.

for more info check the sites of both companies. you'll find some nice info in the forums there.

peace!
Karolina
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Karolina »

listening now, nice 8)
Music makes the people come together...