Sketchy Beats - Down

- music
justinberman
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Sketchy Beats - Down

Post by justinberman »

New track from us, usual minimal kinda thing. Any feedback would be great, click the link to stream 8)

http://www.marvelousmusic.co.uk//play.p ... =song_hifi
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

Real nice Track! Like the percussions
justinberman
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by justinberman »

Cheers Kujoma 8)
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

yeah it's a nice track.
maybe cut a little off from that snare's mid-low and maybe the bd is a bit too dominant. Also lower the level of that distorted stab comin in mid track (4:40).
Everything else ok with me 8)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
justinberman
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by justinberman »

Robot Criminal wrote:yeah it's a nice track.
maybe cut a little off from that snare's mid-low and maybe the bd is a bit too dominant. Also lower the level of that distorted stab comin in mid track (4:40).
Everything else ok with me 8)
Thanks for your feedback 8)
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Semirk »

I'm feeling this one. Some small criticisms though, the kick is possibly a touch on the heavy side however, i'd look to eq. This is mainly in the opening section where its a problem as theres less elements, may try and bring in something that will fill in the gap if you agree with me. Around 2:35 the sound that comes in is maybe a touch on the loud side, maybe lower it's volume just a tad as it comes in a bit too suddenly the volume its at.

Overall though I like the fx and sounds that you've used. The percussion is great, rhythm is good also, like the breaks elements especially, something I try to encorporate in my tracks too. Good stuff. :)
justinberman
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by justinberman »

Semirk wrote:I'm feeling this one. Some small criticisms though, the kick is possibly a touch on the heavy side however, i'd look to eq. This is mainly in the opening section where its a problem as theres less elements, may try and bring in something that will fill in the gap if you agree with me. Around 2:35 the sound that comes in is maybe a touch on the loud side, maybe lower it's volume just a tad as it comes in a bit too suddenly the volume its at.

Overall though I like the fx and sounds that you've used. The percussion is great, rhythm is good also, like the breaks elements especially, something I try to encorporate in my tracks too. Good stuff. :)
cheers, that's some really useful feedback :D

We seem to have this problem with our kicks quite a bit at the minute... Glad you liked the track tho 8)