- open
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

prag?

Post by 4am »

hi,
i will visit prag in june.
does anyone know about interesting things to see or listen to?
maybe some minimal clubs?
i don't know much about this city.
any tips welcome
thanks and greetz
am
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

i'm going tomorrow - i'll tell you what i find out when i get back next week :D
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

clubfoot wrote:i'm going tomorrow - i'll tell you what i find out when i get back next week :D
oh thanks!
i will be full of gratitude :D

have a nice trip!

am.
missie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by missie »

well yeah, i'm planning a trip around april-may to prague, so please clubfoot, share your experience with us :)
Lick the Click!
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

well, the trip was really good fun - Prague is a really nice historical city. Played a couple of parties and people were digging the sounds. pics of Saturday night at Roxy are here...

http://www.residentadvisor.net/photos.asp

We also played on a boat club called Bukanyr - a birthday party hosted by www.techhouse.cz crew.

It's pretty cheap out there so you can eat and drink very well (I took full advantage of the bargain bar prices :wink: ). I was lucky enough to be staying quite centrally with friends so travel was quite easy and meant that it was never much hassle getting home completely drunk. Taxis can be good or bad - maybe check the driver out before committing. I'd recommend using the trams - very quick and easy.

I don't think Minimal has really made much waves in Czech. Seems to be mostly House, Techno, Trance, Progressive, D&B in the clubs. But check the listings for when you're there and you should find something you're into... there're plenty of afterhours places also if you're up for the extended night out.

http://www.techno.cz/party/

And of course there are plenty of interesting places to visit like the castle, Charles Bridge / Karlov Most, Staromestske Namesti / Old Town Square. There is an exhibition of Jan Saudek's work at Staromestske Namesti which is well worth a visit - great art photography. But I didn't see much of this myself, only in passing - we were either in the pub or recovering from the night before :P

All in all, it's a bloody good place. The people are friendly and make a nice effort with foreign speakers - Czech's a tricky language. You'll have a good time I'm sure.
entropy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by entropy »

I was in prag 6 moths ago... wonderful city, real cheap beer, and real GOOD beer! :D was my first time i tried absinth, it's quite nice actually, nad if you like jazz as i do, don't miss the many jazz clubs in town with live gigs, it's excellent! And also, as i understood it, marijuana is legal there! :D :wink:
Anyways, you'll have a nice time there! 8)
"So the kids take a pill to feel the funk and the DJ takes a pill to feel the funk. I don't take a pill to feel the funk." (Derrick May)
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

the beer there is THE best and indeed you can skin up and smoke hassle free in the right kind of establishments
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

it took a while longer than planned... but i'm going there this evening until monday!
thanks for the tips!