Juho Kahilainen: Hiptalk

- music
Juho Kahilainen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Juho Kahilainen »

Thanks guys! I'm surprised for all this feedback you've given me.

I played this track in club yesterday and the bass is probably even too fat. I had to cut down the bass a bit to get some space for other elements. Otherwise the track seemed to work. It was also easy to mix in and out... Before sending any demos I'm going to mix and master this track again. This time with a little less bass. :)
Juho Kahilainen (dj & producer)
Info: http://www.juhokahilainen.com
Club: http://www.phonour.com
jhon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jhon »

sounds cool man.. good luck dude..
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

yeah, i like this one too. maybe a little long for the amount of progression in the track, but this kinda track works well when used well by the right dj.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

listenin:

i havent had time to hear anyones stuff in a long time...so i hope to get thru alot of these:

it sounds clean..yeah thats for sure...i cant say for me...that clean is a good thing....

i think it sounds too good....haha.....nothing is unexpected...does that make sense?

so you have a great sound, but for me it sounds very formulaic(possible bad spelling) and it seems to me your not taking any chances with this.....

so your good thats for sure, but go with your gut more than..a formula

later gater
bazz001
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bazz001 »

This is really good, could deff see myself playing this. Wicked kick drum, and tight percussion all round. good work :!:
kenada
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenada »

hmm, sounds like you have been in tejada's studio...

nice bassline in there. kinda corny vocal though. i was waiting for a lead, but not the one that dropped after 3 mins, i like the idea of it, but not a big fan of it.

nice work on the mixing and balancing, your right about the kick, maybe drop by a touch, not much tho, either that or kill some of the 30-40hz off it - and make it snap at 80-120hz, a bit of hard limiting on it would be good too.

nice work.

ps - the ski jump was cool.
S Y N T H E T I K
COME DOWN
minimal tech - Dec '05