Do alot of people on here work full-time?

- open
Jimmy Chronic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Jimmy Chronic »

I work full time. It sucks. All i want to do is sit at home making fat mnml beats and mix and dj. Instead i spend my time at work. :cry:
makka
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by makka »

plaster wrote:
accdntly wrote:
me too. but instead of counceling i use alcoholism :) ive decided to take a shot at sobriety for the next 40 days. my little non catholic lent.

i decided to use drugs... sounds cooler than your alcoholism! :P :)
I might take that approach, save the money from councelling and spend it on filthy Gin :lol:
volum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by volum »

I work 8h/day and go to college at night, so I got no time at all. I basically go home just to sleep..
when things are calm at work I buy records and listen to downloaded sets.. producing and djing only on weekends :(
run
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by run »

i work mon - fri 9 - 5/6ish in a pretty full on job in an office - i also play out fairly regularly (not always on the weekends either...) and organise monthly parties and i just about have a grip on the balance....i try not to talk about work when i'm out, and i keep pretty quiet about music at work - it's a lot easier...and i try and relax, eat and enjoy a relationship at the same time :roll:

sometimes i despair at what i'm doing with work, as music can be pretty absorbing and demanding - but then again..the work enables me to buy records and computers etc - so the plan is to work off debts and sort things out and then see if i'm in a situation where i can be self sufficient and concentrate more on music by the end of the year..

oh yeah and i sneak in little glimpses at websites at work, handle 90% of my party correspondence (with venues, artists sound etc) and write the occasional review when i should be doing spreadsheets and sh~t ... i can't help it :wink:

who said life was gonna be easy though..
------------------------------------------------------
======== www.runsounds.com ========
===== www.myspace.com/runsounds =====
====== www.twitter.com/runsounds ======
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

i work a full time job 40 hours a week. i am a software developer. for me i have no choice whatsoever if i can work or not. i have to work to survive and more importantly i have to work to buy equipment and records.

i was a full time student for 4 years until i got my bs in cs. i had no time to do anything but school! now that i am out i have free time to work on music etc.

it seems like alot of kids in the edm scene where i live come from bourgeois families. actually i know alot of them do. unfortunately i am not one of them so i have to work for my money. i think it leads me to have a more productive life. i work on making software all day, then come home and work on music (or film) all night. if i were bourgeois i would probobly do drugs or drink all day, tinker a little with all my expensive gear and talk a big game (like so many do).
hydrostatic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hydrostatic »

i've got a 48 hr a week office job. like the others said, it pays the bills. and allows me to buy the software and other stuff i use for music production. the good thing about my job, is that i am in front of a computer with internet the whole day...so I can download samples, check out forums, read tutorials etc. and maybe do a little work on the side..hehe 8)
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

hydrostatic wrote:i've got a 48 hr a week office job. like the others said, it pays the bills. and allows me to buy the software and other stuff i use for music production. the good thing about my job, is that i am in front of a computer with internet the whole day...so I can download samples, check out forums, read tutorials etc. and maybe do a little work on the side..hehe 8)
i am also in front of the computer all day at work so yes i get some of the benefits you are describing but it actually causes more problems for me. i have been coding since about 14 (i'll be 26 years old next month) and starting as a hobbiest moving to a student and then to a professional i have hours upon hours of coding in everyday. needless to say i have developed some serious problems from this such as carpal tunnel. so the problem is i code for 8 hours a day and then go home and write music on the pc for the rest of the night, mouse work kills the most. even if i am djing or working with hardware it is still hand work so IT KILLS!!! well i cannot exactly stop coding at work so it is my music that suffers when this sh!t is killing too much.
Lex_Osk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lex_Osk »

i'm the exact opposite of you... i enjoy going to school. i find it pretty interesting... maybe my future work will be a bummer. let's hope not ofcourse!

these days i don't have that much time for my music, but i don't mind actually. sure i'd love if i had more spare time. but i also have a good time with the things i'm doing for school. lucky me!

pfff...id leave college for any job...lol,it sucks,ill have to study all summer,and thats worse than any job...summer is the only part of the year i really like and enjoy,but from now on until i finish college its just books,coffee and cigs :roll: :cry: