has anyone used Dubplates and Mastering, Berlin ?

- ask away
bobdelux
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

has anyone used Dubplates and Mastering, Berlin ?

Post by bobdelux »

im debating wether to use the local rock guy mastering engineer or D & M berlin(which specializes in elecctronic music). any feedback apprec.thanks
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

haven't mastered anything with them but all i heard about them was very good.
dataman
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dataman »

they sound very neutral. not overused compressors or something like that. i like their sound when mastering "normal" techno. when you want pumping techno with compressor hits the limits, then i think d&m is not the right address.

the material i gave them, they had done a good job.
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

d&m mastered and cut all the foundsound 12'', and we're 120% happy with them! their engineer perfectly understands what we're looking for, and he just knows how to make it happen... I cannot recommand them enough!

on another note: don't use a rock engineer! electronic music is pretty specific, and you get good at cutting electronic music vinyls only with experience! so it's a fair assumption that the majority of the rock engineers will do a sucky job at mastering electronic music!
Lostra
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lostra »

D&M have a huge experience into techno music mastering. At least half of the qualitative techno productions made in Germany have a D&M mastering. I know the guys over there and i trust their knowledge. For the Rock engineer i have to tell you this: Would you expect from a dog to tweet like a bird?

:)

L.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

I've had many records mastered by them. I recommend them or the exchange. Lawrie @ Curvepusher does a good job as well, but thats more for hard techno. Also, listen to these guys about the rock engineer. I strongly believe that good mastering will make or break a record's sales. When it comes to making your music sound the best it can, you should get a good product and be prepared to spend a little money. After all, its a record label so you should show the world what you're mad of! Good luck!