protrox
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[gruen015 | stadtgruen027] | sgnl_fltr - atrum

Post by protrox »

:arrow: sgnl_fltr - atrum [gruen015 | stadtgruen027]

1. Quanta 1 -- 15:37 min (21.45 MB)
2. Ginea -- 07:06 min (09.76 MB)
3. Quanta 1 (Remake) -- 07:46 min (10.67 MB)
4. Polar (Remix) -- 07:14 min (09.94 MB)
5. Quanta 2 -- 16:50 min (23.13 MB)

:arrow: *ZIP*
stadtgruen wrote:Danny Kreutzfeldt is not new to the scene. In fact he had many releases under several monikers like sgnl_fltr or Periskop on labels like Databloem, Aabtek and especially Thinner/Autoplate, which he influenced a lot.
Concerning his new Stadtgruen LP,the first thing we wanted to know is why his LP is called Atrum:
It’s a collection of various depressing minimal techno and electronica tracks. Atrum is latin for gloomy, but really appeared to me as a crashwriting of traum and atrium. To me there are certain dreamy and architechtural aspects to these tracks, but by just calling the album Atrum i am only giving away the depressing aspect of the tracks.
When preparing everything for the release of Atrum via Email (which was in fact queued, queued and again queued), we came on the topic of clubmusic. Danny reprocessed Atrum when it was still in the queue and meant, this could also be released on Stadt, because of the more beatdriven tracks now. Though the rhythms in Atrum are somehow even grooving, I argued with the fact that it’s not exactly clubmusic and hoped I didn’t insult him in that way:
I hate clubs and don’t think i’ve ever danced in one unless I was pretty demented by some substances. I am not saying people should dance to my music instead of clubby beats, or that I enjoy dancing to my own music (far from it actually), but tolerance to complexity in danceable rhythms really is a question of taste.
I like the idea of a rave as something that only takes place inside the head, or maybe just a dimly lit room with speakers and people, who are slightly shaking for hours and barely moving with blank expressions on their faces because the slow repeated rhythms and thick layers of sound have put them in a state of calm intrapersonal numbness. This is the sort of party Atrum could be the soundtrack for.
Sometimes, however, I feel like I have to use rhythms in a track out of weakness, because i’m not good enough at letting the sounds sustain through time.
What I love in Danny Kreutzfeldt’s music is the uncomparable atmosphere. I was so happy getting some unreleased tracks directly from him in Soulseek some time ago, because I was (and still I am) digging his music. For my understanding, every work of Danny has this icy coldness and gloomy darkness within itself. The music sounds just so pure, sometimes even raw. Some tracks even create images of an somehow “evil nature” in my head, like those tracks are made by the forces of it. The only thing i wonder is why Danny Kreutzfeldt’s music always incubates those impressions. Isn’t there any blissful ambient track he made so far?
I hope you agree that blissful is a problematic term to use here. I often find bliss in very dark or angry music. The bright or happy music appears from me once in a while, but always seems to have an ambiguous nature to it, that draws the good times in doubt. In the same way I don’t think my music is just cold and dark. Even if a track starts out in a cynical or illtempered way, I often try to add more emotional layers into the track, which suggests a refining of the mood instead of a mere development.
And there we see again that the reception of the creator can differ very much from that of the listener (in that case me). I also made this experience quite often, and it seems to be a necessary attribute of music. Otherwise it wouldn’t be music, it would just be something or some thing.

Danny Kreutzfeldt & Martin Donath

I'm in love with Danny Kreutzfeldt's work !!! :D
big boo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by big boo »

this is seriously AMAZING
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

What a heady release. This album is full of emotion of all kinds. It reminds me of a soundtrack to a horror film. So raw, evil and full of sound. Very exceptional release.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
\-L_-/
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by \-L_-/ »

i love Danny Kreutzfeldt's work, like Sgnl_Fltr and like Sectorchestra, he is in another sound level!!! :shock: