modular etc etc

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: modular etc etc

Post by steevio »

nothing wrong with the doepfer DIY kits bro.

i'm heavily loading those PSUs, almost every slot on the 10 bussboards has a module attached to it, no problems, no noise, no crosstalk

how much is the equivalent to 2x bussboards/transformer/Psu kit in Hinton ?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

kenah wrote:thank you oblioblioblio. also do you recommend analogue solutions psu?

also what do you think about mfb lfo or analogue solution lfo, compared to doepfers.
unless you actually own these modules, its impossible to comment on them.
analogue solutions modules are OK, not the best in terms of construction, but theyre cheap.

same as MFB really, construction seems a bit cheap, but they are cheap to buy also.

i have the doepfer A145 LFO which is nice, but my Bubblesound uLFO is so much better and versatile.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

For me it's all about how the system works together... in some systems a simple LFO is a fucking waste of time... but in others it's really handy.

Yeah think that Analogue Solutions and MFB are quite poorly constructed.
kenah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenah »

i see.. so also stick with doepfer contruction unit and lfo , but also need more wavetables for lfo not just the 4 waveforms that the 145 has.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

its worth having a few LFOs, some simple, some complex, but also loopable envelopes are very useful
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

steevio wrote:nothing wrong with the doepfer DIY kits bro.

i'm heavily loading those PSUs, almost every slot on the 10 bussboards has a module attached to it, no problems, no noise, no crosstalk

how much is the equivalent to 2x bussboards/transformer/Psu kit in Hinton ?
the extra price for the Hinton is what it costs to have proper engineering.

I'm not looking back.

Doepfer DIY is better than some of the newer offerings, and it is affordable, but my advice to a newbie is just to go straight for the best.
kenah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenah »

that is a worthy choice that you can make except the fact that it values in time , not a bad thing tho'.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

the Doepfer DIY kit makes economic sense I have to say... does make things more accessible.. definitely has some disadvantages though.

The 6U frame is not good value though IMO.

And got so much love for Hinton Instruments that I do have to big him up and hopefully save some bother further down the line when crosstalk comes into play etc. And yeah, it's a lifetime investment.