[PNR003] Pluie/Noir - Year One Compilation

- wax
AnonMusic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: [PNR003] Pluie/Noir - Year One Compilation

Post by AnonMusic »

Am I the only one that thinks it sounds like they decided to release all the mediocre tracks that didn't make get their own releases into this "compilation"? The tracks are no where near Swan Lake quality.

By the way, amazing art, Max :D
Philsen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Philsen »

"Pluie/Noir will soon be divided in 3 sister labels. The already known Pluie/Noir Recordings (PNR) for individual releases, and two new projects. Vinyl-only "Pluie/Noir Collective" (PNC) focused on the collective itself, featuring visual and audio collaborations in each release, and "Pluie/Noir Experimental Media" (PNEM), specialized in experimental beat or beatless music in non-standard medias like cassette and 7"/10" vinyl.
PNC001 will be signed by Cleymoore in collaboration with No Hype, Rack and Marc Neyen and it's almost ready. Stay tuned."
-everything you think, do and say
is in the pill you took today-
:zager and evans:

-life is of the nature of water:
it always seeks the deepest place,
which is always below in the darkness
and heaviness of the earth.-
:c.g. jung:
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

Papa Bear wrote:
ahmedsamy wrote:The only thing that worries me is the price tag on this, I find more than half of the tracks on there to be pretty awesome…. I am sure it will include amazing artwork, like the first 2 releases.
I disagree with Themis, but he always has something against these types of releases that are coming from that particular country.

I am buying this sh!t yo.
So you can resell it on Discogs for twice the original price? I remember seeing your post on Rhadoo's Arhiva page on Discogs a while ago where you were ranting against some guys who were complaining about the unreasonable prices set by some Discogs sellers on certain new releases. You even said that you buy several copies of the same release in order to resell them for double the original price. I just found that post once again, and here's a quote from that self-righteous tirade of yours: "When you spend 10 or more hours a day on blogs and forums, and use your money to make purchases, and take gambles, trust me you'll want to jack the price up a bit... i am one of the 12 sellers on this record, i have had 3 copies and 2 of them sold, and Yes i sold it for double the price i bought it for... But i believe it's totally fair... this is my business and i invest my time and money in it. And of course i expect to make a little cash in return".

So, Ahmed, tell me, do you really like this music as much as you're claiming to, or is this all just an easy way for you to make some cash?
Gold.
RPR
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by RPR »

I dont get it! I think I will never.
Of course lots of people want to do stuff like pedro or ricardo or someone else, but for me this stuff sounds all the same :?
The most of the all inn stuff and other labels with this ...i dont want to call it romanian stuff, because there are lots of other nations which do this crap, makes me tired. I cant even remember if i own a record or not when I hear it in a set. And the funny thing is that the most sets of rhadoo etc dont include boring tracks like these. most of the stuff is unreleased. SO PLEASE guys....just release the good stuff and keep the boring stuff as a "unreleased and just for friends" hehe ;)
to be serious, I will stop buying stuff like this from now on, hope the next p/n gets much better :)
Rate the sound, not the artist.
candle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by candle »

''Pre-sale should also start asap on all major stores, and for those concerned with pricing and availability, it should go from 22e to 30e depending on the stores (as we don't intend to make this edition expensive just for the sake of it) and will be limited to 400 copies.

Bandcamp edition will be limited to 50 copies, feature the already usual A1 high-quality print poster of full artwork from Podcast 025, and will come inside a signed and handstamped shoebox-like package with a small book/zine with all our graphic work to date, bios, interviews. Buyers of this edition will also receive first hand the first cassette edition of our Pluie/Noir Experimental Media sister-label, and first 20 pre-buyers get free priority shipping (only within europe, via TNT).

Our long-time supporters over bandcamp will have special discounts and will be informed over email of the details.

Stay tuned.''.

22-30 euros Sound quite fair for me.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

Papa Bear wrote:
ahmedsamy wrote:The only thing that worries me is the price tag on this, I find more than half of the tracks on there to be pretty awesome…. I am sure it will include amazing artwork, like the first 2 releases.
I disagree with Themis, but he always has something against these types of releases that are coming from that particular country.

So you can resell it on Discogs for twice the original price? I remember seeing your post on Rhadoo's Arhiva page on Discogs a while ago where you were ranting against some guys who were complaining about the unreasonable prices set by some Discogs sellers on certain new releases. You even said that you buy several copies of the same release in order to resell them for double the original price. I just found that post once again, and here's a quote from that self-righteous tirade of yours: "When you spend 10 or more hours a day on blogs and forums, and use your money to make purchases, and take gambles, trust me you'll want to jack the price up a bit... i am one of the 12 sellers on this record, i have had 3 copies and 2 of them sold, and Yes i sold it for double the price i bought it for... But i believe it's totally fair... this is my business and i invest my time and money in it. And of course i expect to make a little cash in return".

So, Ahmed, tell me, do you really like this music as much as you're claiming to, or is this all just an easy way for you to make some cash?

hahahaha busted!
ahmedsamy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ahmedsamy »

b-ran wrote:
Papa Bear wrote:

hahahaha busted!

Not really, I also mentioned I was selling the cheapest mark up on there, with a slight 10$ profit… Which I thought was a fair mark up for my time and efforts…Anyway I have left the vinyl sale industry my run was short lived since I left the USA, and moved back to Egypt it became almost impossible to ship out records or buy records as easily as I used to.
Now I am in the beg for vinyl industry, and I am only buying records to play them. And I own both PNRs Special Editions, and the Swan Poster is Framed and hanging as for the vinyl its in VG condition.
I havent really stopped selling for moral cause just logistics, the cash I made I put right back into the industry not like I took anything away and ran, the money made was used to buy more vinyl that wasnt hyped up stupidly like the sh!t I bought and sold… kind of like PNR stuff.
ahmedsamy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ahmedsamy »

OH now I dont know I guess what I was doing pissed off alot of people, so for Karma I guess as I was leaving to the airport from BK to Cairo I had my suitcase stolen with some of the dearest records in there…ALL Yojik Concons, ALL Amphias, a Stablo, a cpl. of Mosaics…aaaaah not to mention most of my clothes, a roland 303 dr.sampler. Remembering this kills me…

ALL my understands too, including my own arhiva copy. so there.
Last edited by ahmedsamy on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.