[PNR003] Pluie/Noir - Year One Compilation

- wax
ahmedsamy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: [PNR003] Pluie/Noir - Year One Compilation

Post by ahmedsamy »

Themis wrote:i didnt mean to hate on the "romanian" sound.

i was questioning the vision/purpose of the label.
as i heard the first time about pluie/noir, i thought: oh wow some really motivated guys from portugal lets see what they release.
and what we got was a pedro, a vlad caia and a compilation ep.

in my opinion, dispensable.
i dont see a very bright future for them if they continue this way.

i would understand it if some romanian people get together, found a label, and release their stuff.
but to say it again - this is a portugal label who felt the need to release even more romanian stuff - thats not really understandable for me.
I am actually a big Pluie/Noir fan, and if anything PNR001 & 002, were just marketing techniques to push sales. If you actually follow pluie/noir and hear the podcasts, its actually not 4/4 driven, its very avante-garde, and the artwork is so good. I dont see what the Romanian thing is actually, that sound has existed way before all this romania hype, and vinyl only labels with ltd. copies have been around since forever. So whats the big deal? I see a bright future for PNR. Unlike Themis. but everyones entitled to an opinion I guess.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

artwork has to be picasso like in order to get me buying this..
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i actually think they doing great work all around, with the graphics with the podcasts.
i just feel the vinyls they put out dont reflect that.

it feels like this was not really planned as a label to put out things, if feels more like, they felt they had to put out something to stay relevant.
ahmedsamy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ahmedsamy »

Themis wrote:i actually think they doing great work all around, with the graphics with the podcasts.
i just feel the vinyls they put out dont reflect that.
theres actually plans for them to do what they REALLY want to be doing once they make a few dollars, and have that liberty. PNR002 I played it last week, and it did pretty well on the dance floor.
180gram
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 180gram »

To me, it's more about the fact that they think all these tracks are good enough that people will buy 6 records in one shot (and will probably cost the same if not more than 6 individual 12" releases. At least put 4 of these per record, release them individually, and let people decide which tracks they like and which tracks they don't and purchase accordingly. Look at how well the Sushitech 5x10" and the Knowone box set and the recent Deepchord 3x12" packs are doing :lol:

Fck this box set crap (well, in most cases anyway).
ahmedsamy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ahmedsamy »

180gram wrote:To me, it's more about the fact that they think all these tracks are good enough that people will buy 6 records in one shot (and will probably cost the same if not more than 6 individual 12" releases. At least put 4 of these per record, release them individually, and let people decide which tracks they like and which tracks they don't and purchase accordingly. Look at how well the Sushitech 5x10" and the Knowone box set and the recent Deepchord 3x12" packs are doing :lol:

I will soon be begging on the streets
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

ahmedsamy wrote:The only thing that worries me is the price tag on this, I find more than half of the tracks on there to be pretty awesome…. I am sure it will include amazing artwork, like the first 2 releases.
I disagree with Themis, but he always has something against these types of releases that are coming from that particular country.

I am buying this sh!t yo.
So you can resell it on Discogs for twice the original price? I remember seeing your post on Rhadoo's Arhiva page on Discogs a while ago where you were ranting against some guys who were complaining about the unreasonable prices set by some Discogs sellers on certain new releases. You even said that you buy several copies of the same release in order to resell them for double the original price. I just found that post once again, and here's a quote from that self-righteous tirade of yours: "When you spend 10 or more hours a day on blogs and forums, and use your money to make purchases, and take gambles, trust me you'll want to jack the price up a bit... i am one of the 12 sellers on this record, i have had 3 copies and 2 of them sold, and Yes i sold it for double the price i bought it for... But i believe it's totally fair... this is my business and i invest my time and money in it. And of course i expect to make a little cash in return".

So, Ahmed, tell me, do you really like this music as much as you're claiming to, or is this all just an easy way for you to make some cash?
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

ahmedsamy wrote:
180gram wrote:To me, it's more about the fact that they think all these tracks are good enough that people will buy 6 records in one shot (and will probably cost the same if not more than 6 individual 12" releases. At least put 4 of these per record, release them individually, and let people decide which tracks they like and which tracks they don't and purchase accordingly. Look at how well the Sushitech 5x10" and the Knowone box set and the recent Deepchord 3x12" packs are doing :lol:

I will soon be begging on the streets
Oh, you'll be fine. You've clearly got some great business acumen :lol: