Petre Inspirescu, [a:rpia:r] 12

- wax
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Petre Inspirescu, [a:rpia:r] 12

Post by breton »

patrick bateman wrote:Themis is right, webshops are not the reason for setting higher prices.
Over the last 2-3 years, labels have been getting a higher price from the distributors, because otherwise it would be totally suicide to run a label, because of the small numbers records are pressed in. So if distributor pays labels more money, then distributor sells to a higher price to the shop, which means the shop also needs to take a higher price.
That's it.
Furthermore, some shops buy directly from certain limited labels, and here the pricing are often higher, again because the starting point from the seller is higher.
I don't disagree with that.
All i'm saying (and perhaps i'm not clear enough, because somehow you guys miss my point completely) is that record stores in most cases, will try to make as much money on a record as possible. If they know they can get away with it that is. I'm not saying that they are buying records from OurOwn for 3 pounds and sell them for 12. OurOwn records are more expensive than most other records.
I'm saying that their mark-up for an arpiar (KDJ or any other such label) record is higher than for a regular record. That's all. Do you not agree with it?

PS: These prices are definitely the doings of dirty scheming gypsies, right? Record stores definitely have nothing to do with them. After all, they only "add a pound here and there", right? :lol:

souat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by souat »

can u guys, when you refer at romanians to not use "gipsy" word anymore.. wtf is wrong with ya..

Themis, john clees, lostinmusiq, -ix, please guys do not turn this discussion (which is perfectly pointed) into a racism shiet..

peace
Igloobs
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Igloobs »

souat wrote:can u guys, when you refer at romanians to not use "gipsy" word anymore.. wtf is wrong with ya..

you are right
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

yeah that was srsly disturbing..
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

just got it. beautiful package, and the tracks are great. worth every penny.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

Received the record today too. The package is really well done. You can sense a lot of love was put into it. This probably explains why the cost is higher then first album. Listening as we speak will write a mini review when I have some time.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

what ever (any) label charges is the cost of doing business..
the more they charge the better their product is being gobbled up by the consumer..
they keep putting stuff out at the cost they do ...because people keep buying it..
it's not the players.... its the market simply on what they created based on the consumer..marketing 101.. :-flower
it's how it's done.

putting out older sounding ricardo tracks out in 2012 and going into classical-ish direction is obviously ricardo influence..
he has been mixing classic music in his sets since like 2004 or something.. - 8 years ago.
so this is nothing new.. but people keep buying it.. so that's what happens..

also, their is no money it putting out vinyl.. even at those prices it hardly makes it worth it.

vinyl is made from love : more power to them I say...

* if anyone thinks they are getting rich off vinyl...
press some yourself, work distribution, label art, time, gas and other cost..
and let me know how it worked out for you..

:D
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

souat wrote:can u guys, when you refer at romanians to not use "gipsy" word anymore.. wtf is wrong with ya..

Themis, john clees, lostinmusiq, -ix, please guys do not turn this discussion (which is perfectly pointed) into a racism shiet..

peace
I agree. not ok : at all..

I don't see it anymore so perhaps someone edited their post..

feel free to write me again..