[ARPIAR 010] Priku - Bobohalma EP

- wax
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [ARPIAR 010] Priku - Bobohalma EP

Post by roland »

Roy Koch wrote:Hope he has improved compared to his previous releases. His past releases have been nowhere near what guys like Pedro, Rhadoo, Cristi Cons, Vlad Caia, Dan Andrei etc. have been making.
Still excited for samples ofcourse :)
true, but why did you add cons to the list? besides his modern classical (i'm not into that stuff) tracks, i know the one on arpiar 05 and the case sensitive release on allinnblack.. i also have an unreleased track of him and caia.. but considering those, to me he isn't on the same level as pedro, rhadoo, andrei and caia either.. still decent music tho i bought all of it :D and i do hope he is not going down this modern classical influenced road in 2012
Papa Bear wrote:Looking forward to this one. I gotta say i was a bit disappointed by that Arpiar 009 by Dan Andrei. Hopefully this is gonna be a good one. I mean, you gotta agree, a bad release wouldn't be called Bobohalma, right?
totally agree, i own all releases of andrei and was "dissappointed" by arpiar009 aswell, b-side has great sounds but is too stripped down for me considering the long duration of the track, don't feel it at all..
a-side is good but yeah..

all in all i think arpiar is still a beast of a label which has been putting out so much stuff i truly love.. i guess in the future one will see a cons and a caia release too.. it'll be interesting to see where the label goes after all the romanias have had their release.. maybe rhadoo will be putting out some of his stuff again, i recognized he produces a lot.. would be sad if that stuff never sees a release..
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

roland wrote:it'll be interesting to see where the label goes after all the romanias have had their release.. maybe rhadoo will be putting out some of his stuff again, i recognized he produces a lot.. would be sad if that stuff never sees a release..
Yes please. Last thing i bought from rhadoo was his remix for the barraca label. Very powerful in my opinion, a bit loopy but I liked it a lot. Very strange to see so few productions of his after the cadenza. Feels like, he had to release that EP to get more exposure and that's it.
masterpiece
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by masterpiece »

second track is nice....but i cant say same thing for first one....
JasperW89
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JasperW89 »

Two different tracks but they sound nice. Definitely getting this one.
blizt wrote:
roland wrote:it'll be interesting to see where the label goes after all the romanias have had their release.. maybe rhadoo will be putting out some of his stuff again, i recognized he produces a lot.. would be sad if that stuff never sees a release..
Yes please. Last thing i bought from rhadoo was his remix for the barraca label. Very powerful in my opinion, a bit loopy but I liked it a lot. Very strange to see so few productions of his after the cadenza. Feels like, he had to release that EP to get more exposure and that's it.
Yeah some new rhadoo tracks would be nice! Maybe raresh will also start releasing more tracks now that his first EP (on understand) is finally out.
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

roland wrote:
Roy Koch wrote:Hope he has improved compared to his previous releases. His past releases have been nowhere near what guys like Pedro, Rhadoo, Cristi Cons, Vlad Caia, Dan Andrei etc. have been making.
Still excited for samples ofcourse :)
true, but why did you add cons to the list? besides his modern classical (i'm not into that stuff) tracks, i know the one on arpiar 05 and the case sensitive release on allinnblack.. i also have an unreleased track of him and caia.. but considering those, to me he isn't on the same level as pedro, rhadoo, andrei and caia either.. still decent music tho i bought all of it :D and i do hope he is not going down this modern classical influenced road in 2012
The track on arpiar 05 was obviously a release from when he was a very a inexperienced producer. I don't understand why they released that crappy track in the first place. Of his past releases you are forgetting this:
http://www.discogs.com/SIT-Sculptures-P ... se/2289436
http://soundcloud.com/localrecords/cristi-cons-freeze
Both are quite in my opinion!
The main reason why I have included him, because I have heard some stuff of him that has not been released yet which sounds really good. Both solo and together with Vlad Caia. It all has a very distinct, well produced sound. Also I would not expect him to deviate too much from the classical music path, since he has been playing cello for a long time. As far as I know he attended the conservatory and I think he also plays cello in some tracks on Yojik Concon, but not 100% sure about this.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

ah im really not sure about this one...samples are up on juno btw..
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

b-ran wrote:ah im really not sure about this one...samples are up on juno btw..
hm, yeah.. let's see..

second could be good.. also kinda like the first track but the sample stops right in the middle of a break.. damn i hate buying stuff based on samples, lately bad samples made me skip so much stuff which afterwards turned out to be pretty good..

overall not too convinced tho..
Harry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Harry »

a side is sounding pretty lively!