Vinyl only?

- open
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Vinyl only?

Post by b-ran »

whatever wrote:letting a souless machine to interfere in this process, that's just WRONG!
you send what you feel through cdjs and turntables and they are machines too, are they not?
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by whatever »

don't speculate my words. i was reffering straight to the computer. a computer is not the same kind of machine like turntables and cdjs and the mixer. drum-machines are machines too, if you put it like that. but it's something different. Music sounds alive through analog.

and i forget to mention. this is MY OPINION. my personal extreme way of viewing things. nothing in the world will make me use a computer to play music ever in my life.
platesofbeef
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by platesofbeef »

zentex wrote:also, i increasingly find a lot of kids who see dj's playing vinyl actually showing them some respect just for the fact of spinning wax. it's not unusual for some youngster coming up to the booth and say something like: "hey man, wtf, you still play vinyl?" and giving that approving nod.
True. And I found out it's true when a girl was going overboard one night and I started to get uncomfortable as I didn't know if she was taking the piss or not. So to prove she wasn't, she showed me her arse! (This was to prove how much she was into the vinyl, and music in general: she had a tattoo of the logo for Axis records at the top of the crack!)
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

platesofbeef wrote:
zentex wrote:also, i increasingly find a lot of kids who see dj's playing vinyl actually showing them some respect just for the fact of spinning wax. it's not unusual for some youngster coming up to the booth and say something like: "hey man, wtf, you still play vinyl?" and giving that approving nod.
True. And I found out it's true when a girl was going overboard one night and I started to get uncomfortable as I didn't know if she was taking the piss or not. So to prove she wasn't, she showed me her arse! (This was to prove how much she was into the vinyl, and music in general: she had a tattoo of the logo for Axis records at the top of the crack!)
legendary!
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

whatever wrote: using computer is something fake, dry, dead :roll:
when i play music, i send what i feel to the others. letting a souless machine to interfere in this process, that's just WRONG!
this made me laugh big time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

whatever wrote:don't speculate my words. i was reffering straight to the computer. a computer is not the same kind of machine like turntables and cdjs and the mixer. drum-machines are machines too, if you put it like that. but it's something different. Music sounds alive through analog.
Bit confused by you bringing analogue into the discussion, with CDs being a digital format and all that. Is there really much difference between a digital audio stream going from a compact disk into a mixer and a digital audio stream going from a hard disk into a mixer? Is it the different interface?

I kinda get where you're coming from with not liking seeing computers on stage but it doesn't quite make sense. I think it's just a sentimental thing that people have.
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by whatever »

patrick bateman wrote:
whatever wrote:
when i play music, i send what i feel to the others. letting a souless machine to interfere in this process, that's just WRONG!
this made me laugh big time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
of course, it's was fulltime drama :lol:

@simon - in my particular case it's sentimental choice, as i'm not a gear geek. maybe in the future i will be able to explain tehnically why i'm against the computer. but that won't change the feeling of buying, playing, having, carrying the records. i recommend you also to read all the topics on this theme on this forum, you will find accurate explanations.
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

platesofbeef wrote:
:lol: