steevio on his modular

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: steevio on his modular

Post by oblioblioblio »

carrying gear around is good honest work!
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

steevio wrote: to be honest its a lot less than i used to carry around with me as a guitarist in a band, big marshall stacks, amps, pedal boxes, 2 or 3 guitars. etc... and i never thought that was much of an imposition back then.
Aint that the truth! My mate is a Bass guitarist in a Punk/Ska band ( who happens to be gigging tonight 8) ) and it's just nucking futs what gets carried about. Stuff that! :lol:
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

lem wrote: It must be a mission to keep it intresting for an hour without repatching?
its not really, i've done three hours sets without re-patching, its down to how you set everything up. i use lots of switched multiples, which is the equivalent of repatching at the flick of a switch.

but also i run 4 seperate sequences in different scales, and by using precision adders i can add / subtract intervals to and from each scale in hundreds of combinations, its gives me a limitless supply of scales.
and the same with rhythms, by adding and subtracting trigger patterns from each other with logic modules, and having a flexible distribution system so the trigger patterns can be sent anywhere i want exactly when i want it, ive got a limitless supply of rhythms too.

i'm still a novice though really, you just have to keep practicing till everything flows naturally without thinking. i think i'll be happier in another years time.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

F*ck it mate, I'm ringing EMIS on monday.
oost
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by oost »

Thats brilliant stuff. love it.

Freerotation seems to be the business too. I have been watching the line-ups and reading the reviews for the past few years and I really have to get over to it. Congrats on the festival and your efforts.
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by lostinmusiq »

damn - awesome improvisation 8)
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

Impressive beats -twisted
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

wow! inspiring stuff!
any chance to listen to a whole recording of one of your sets? (audio)
i've already searched youtube, but the videos are max 10 min...
cheers