speaking in code documentary

- open
CBLVSN
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by CBLVSN »

Not so much a fan.

But I did enjoy the cameo made by Mathias Kaden.
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

finally got to watch this movie. lots of parts were relative to me and my life, and of course at times it became very emotional. other times, scenes were drawn out and very awkward.

also, was there really a need to leave the country in order to spotlight techno in america? yes, it was good to see the contrast between modeselektor playing to a crowd of 10k versus 100, but the united states has its own festivals and big events. i feel like only one type of techno was even really talked about.

overall, i'd give it a 6/10
- matt
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

didnt watch it till the end. got bored of it. for techno and electronic music this documentary has little relevance.
looked more of a roadtrip through europe with relationship problems of the director and her husband. inbetween some shots of partys and meeting some techno people.

there are better documentarys....compare it with modulations and you will see what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH-isHOxV8E
techno made me do it
dubgil2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: speaking in code documentary

Post by dubgil2 »

oblioblioblio wrote:This film is special.

Recommended on all fronts. Right at the heart of techno and music and life.

Kinda Gonzo style with blurry lines about subject and interviewers... they are all lost in the music in different ways.

Well chosen content and many great moments. Always close and human.

I like Robag Wruhme talking about a urinal in his old studio building.... 'THIS is my home'

LOL

Go watch it. If you can afford 20 bucks to buy the movie from the guys that would be a nice gesture. It has good outtakes and deleted scenes and extended intereviews.
Though I've not been in the "scene" as I once was in the 90's (now married, big family, etc) I can relate so much with this film, esp since it has the American perspective, the toll it takes on the couple's relationship, the sacrifice they make for love of the music (living on credit cards etc) . I love it, seen it like 4times already...

get it.
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

deccard wrote:didnt watch it till the end. got bored of it. for techno and electronic music this documentary has little relevance.
looked more of a roadtrip through europe with relationship problems of the director and her husband. inbetween some shots of partys and meeting some techno people.
it has more relevance to life in general than just techno. the relationship problems between the filmmakers can relate to the situation of Gabor and the Wighnomy Brothers. it stresses the human aspect of the music.

but, i can agree with the premise of the documentary getting sidetracked from its initial points.
- matt
knapkin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by knapkin »

I am the screening coordinator for this film!

If anyone is interested, shoot me an email:

tyler@speakingincode.com

But yes, this film takes on more than techno, it takes on the lives of all those involved in making the film. I really do think it is truly great!