Techno isnt about the past, its about Strong Ale

- open
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

new belgium is a joke to their style. i'm not saying they are awful, but compared to actual belgian ales they don't stand a chance. many years ago i bought fat tire religiously, until i drank ommegangs fin de monde amber ale. after that all i can taste with fat tire is wet dog and stank.
JNX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JNX »

pafufta816 wrote:new belgium is a joke to their style. i'm not saying they are awful, but compared to actual belgian ales they don't stand a chance. many years ago i bought fat tire religiously, until i drank ommegangs fin de monde amber ale. after that all i can taste with fat tire is wet dog and stank.
New Belgium brews lots of different kinds of beer. Your first mistake is comparing Fat Tire to Fin Du Monde. Come on guy. :lol:

NB actually makes some fantastic Belgian style ales. Try "The Abbey", a dubbel, or the "Trippel".
Emote Music
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Emote Music »

JNX wrote:New Belgium brews lots of different kinds of beer. Your first mistake is comparing Fat Tire to Fin Du Monde. Come on guy. :lol:

NB actually makes some fantastic Belgian style ales. Try "The Abbey", a dubbel, or the "Trippel".
While New Belgium still rates below Avery, Odells, and Great Divide for Colorado Breweries, IMO, I do like a few New Belgium brews, namely 1554 black ale and the La Folie 2010 sour brown ale.

The Abbey and Trippel are both quality beers.
JNX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JNX »

Emote Music wrote:
JNX wrote:New Belgium brews lots of different kinds of beer. Your first mistake is comparing Fat Tire to Fin Du Monde. Come on guy. :lol:

While New Belgium still rates below Avery, Odells, and Great Divide for Colorado Breweries, IMO, I do like a few New Belgium brews, namely 1554 black ale and the La Folie 2010 sour brown ale.

The Abbey and Trippel are both quality beers.
Tasted the LaFolie at the NB brewery once having no idea what it was going to taste like...took a swill...WHAM, whooooa! shockingly different, lol. Can't say i've tasted anything like it before.
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

JNX wrote:
coldfuture wrote: Ah yeah man, my brother lives in Arvada so I know the whole Odell's deal. That brewery is like Colorado's secret weapon I swear. Such amazing beer.
Odell is amazing. I haven't had one of their beers I didn't like. Wife and I are out there annually and a couple of years ago we did a multi day multi brewery tour in the region on our own (you can't hit as many as you think you can, i'll put it that way). New Belgium gets more press than Odell, but I think Odell kicks their azz every day of the week. Dig em all, but Red Rye, 90 Schilling, and Isolation Ale are my favs.
Ah yeah, 90 Shillings rox! We did the same thing like 2 years ago as well. I loved Left Hand Brewing too! Did you guys go there? Talk about STRONG ALE. Those folks had nothing on the menu under 7 and the flights were 12x 6oz tasters and 2 casks. Needless to say my family and I walked out of there sideways.
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
mick finesse
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mick finesse »

On top of all the awesome craft brew Emote's been talking about we have a cool little Belgian beer spot downtown called The Cheeky Monk which had loads of great Belgian beers on tap and by the bottle. Massive beer menu.

We're pretty spoiled for choice when it comes to beer here.

I was on New Belgium's Hoptober for a good bit while it was still available but lately I've been back to the good old Belgian stuff like St. Bernardus Prior 8, Delerium Nocturnum, and Tripel Karmeliet which most of our liquor stores are good about carrying.
Techno producer and DJ concerned by the social obligation to pigeonhole by design and inspired by the desire to hold pigeons.

www.freqboutique.com
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

mick finesse wrote:On top of all the awesome craft brew Emote's been talking about we have a cool little Belgian beer spot downtown called The Cheeky Monk which had loads of great Belgian beers on tap and by the bottle. Massive beer menu.

We're pretty spoiled for choice when it comes to beer here.

I was on New Belgium's Hoptober for a good bit while it was still available but lately I've been back to the good old Belgian stuff like St. Bernardus Prior 8, Delerium Nocturnum, and Tripel Karmeliet which most of our liquor stores are good about carrying.
Nice one! I loved that Hoptober. I am actually brewing a clone of their 1554 (I homebrew).

In honor of you Colorado brethren I have opened some bottles of Avery's Old Jubilation and am 2.5 sheets to the wind.

It was preceded by McChouffe by LaChouffe for the Belgian brothers!

Beer. :)
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

PsyTox wrote:one time even got it served in something that looked like a 50cl coca cola glass with ice. For fck sake.
:shock: