What would be the best closed headphone for production.

- ask away
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

I use a set of AKG K280 Parabolic (dual transducer) from the 1980s. I bought them new for $250 back then and they still rock now.

Great all-purpose phones that have lasted me 20+ years.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

AVX23 wrote: some people reccomend using a headphone amp with them but I personally like to monitor a little more quietly so I don't fatigue my ears as much.
it's not so much to get them louder but it makes them sound more balanced at lower volumes. if i plug my HD650 into my interface headphone jack i can still destroy my hearing if i want to but the bass just doesn't have the same power. that relates to what you said about open backs bottom end. a headphone amp can improve things a lot.
mizzdirekt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mizzdirekt »

JackNine wrote:I use a set of AKG K280 Parabolic (dual transducer) from the 1980s. I bought them new for $250 back then and they still rock now.

Great all-purpose phones that have lasted me 20+ years.

HAHAHA! sweet. I thought my nearly ten year old mdr-v900 was old.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

tone-def wrote:
AVX23 wrote: some people reccomend using a headphone amp with them but I personally like to monitor a little more quietly so I don't fatigue my ears as much.
it's not so much to get them louder but it makes them sound more balanced at lower volumes. if i plug my HD650 into my interface headphone jack i can still destroy my hearing if i want to but the bass just doesn't have the same power. that relates to what you said about open backs bottom end. a headphone amp can improve things a lot.
This. I've been reading about it up a lot recently and seriously considering getting one. OR do you think the ones in interfaces match up? This's been quite a question for me, my guess that they don't...
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
moessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by moessap »

Beyer Dynamic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

Actually I will plug them up my mixer...as the audio interface goes in it, as well as my synths, turntables etc...and the to the speakers
:::::::::boom tchak boom boom tchak:::::::::::

http://soundcloud.com/richard-hautin
squonqdm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by squonqdm »

Hi, i work a few days per week programming/eng and i work on headphones 99% of the day coz of noise levels..

I've just started using AKG K702 they're really good, pretty neutral.. plenty of detail.. when i take them off and do final balances on monitors i'm not too far away !

i recommend you to have a listen to them..

(before this i was using Sen HD 25 SP) they're ass! :)
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

dunno why i didnt use the hd650, i got them after the hd25 and I guess i just didnt take the time to adapt to them, wasnt keen on the open ear design either, still, they're full on amazing for listening to recorded music on, cant fault them
x