A&H Xone DB4 Preview w/Ambivalent

- open
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

A&H Xone DB4 Preview w/Ambivalent

Post by Michael^Heaven »

Allen & Heath unveiled the working prototype for their new digital DJ mixer, the Xone DB4. They invited me and a few others to take it for a few laps around the track in their booth at the show, so I figured I’d share what I learned. I played with a prototype model that is still in the process of being finalized, so please don’t take this as the final word on the DB4. Things change, and it’d be unfair to award or deduct points for something it might or might not be when it is available. Also, the ultimate test of a mixer is how it sounds. While I know that A&H mixers have always sounded better to my ears than any others, I was unable to judge in a convention hall.

That said, I got a pretty decent taste of what it should offer when it’s out. Here’s the key stuff to know about the DB4.

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2010/11/a ... ent-minus/
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
JNX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JNX »

Before I saw the DB4, I was just expecting to smile and nod politely, as the 92 is a monumental classic, and nearly impossible to improve upon. Like a Deadmau5 remix of the Factory Records catalogue, some classics are just better left alone.
:lol:
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
Edward_Molton
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Edward_Molton »

Heard a nice quote theses weekend about all those new mixer with lot's of fx's and other buttons...

"If I'm drunk I don't know anymore what the use is of which button"

They include so many fx's and possibilities that you shoudl follow a course first to understand the machine.
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

Looks rather horrible imo :?
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

Looks very flashy, but innovative, second the good read... are those the EQ's right at the top? That big wet/dry knob looks fun