Photo on Beatport artist page?

- open
nektooo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Photo on Beatport artist page?

Post by nektooo »

Hi,

I'm wondering how artists get photo on beatport artist page and Top10 downloaded tracks?

Do you pay something, or you need to have some kind of reputation to get that?

Thanks
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

u need to contact beatport. i know they are not doing any at the moment though, as they are updating the system.
nektooo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nektooo »

Thanks
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

hmm, well you can get onto the Top Ten downloaded track list if you buy enough of your own tracks to beat the competition. I guess you could look at it as a marketing expense. People are like sheep, if people see your name in the top ten eventually they will probably start buying your stuff because they will think that other people are buying it so it must be good. This is my theory at least... or else how does so much crap become popular in music? If the sales don't work out then at least when you are written about in ad for events or when you are writing about yourself in the third person on the website you designed for yourself you can make extravagant claims to success with phases like "NAME GOES HERE, producer of top ten tracks like TRACK GOES HERE"
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:hmm, well you can get onto the Top Ten downloaded track list if you buy enough of your own tracks to beat the competition. I guess you could look at it as a marketing expense. People are like sheep, if people see your name in the top ten eventually they will probably start buying your stuff because they will think that other people are buying it so it must be good. This is my theory at least... or else how does so much crap become popular in music? If the sales don't work out then at least when you are written about in ad for events or when you are writing about yourself in the third person on the website you designed for yourself you can make extravagant claims to success with phases like "NAME GOES HERE, producer of top ten tracks like TRACK GOES HERE"
I don't think you understood the question.