Should I buy the analog turntable Technics SL 1200/1210?

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Themis wrote:@patrick, this kind of mixers are also available cheaper, dont have to be a xone - it was a example for a solid mixer.

i give it to you, the xone:4D is definitely not a hercules kind of product, its much more solid, but its still much much more plastic than this old school mixers.
i own a xone 42, so im not against this mixers or anything
i only wanted to point out that i would change in a second to such a good solid mixer like the Xone:S6

this rawness turns me on :D

its this feeling why i play vinyl, it feels so physical when i work with this tools. maybe this is because i own a computer sind i was 12, and spend many many hours online and with digital things :D

today we do all things online and in seconds, all things have to go quick ect. i dont know anything else anymore so maybe this is like balance, to do things slow the old way.
Yeah, I know the 4D is much more plastic than all other A&H models, I mean, the weight is like 4-5 kgs..
I played a few times on mixers like that S6 and the older oldschool ones, and sure, it's cool.

:)

But still, you're comparing a sh!t with state of the art in your original post.
:)
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

this set-up...

wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

It's official.. Considering buying a brand new pair now as they won't be around for long.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

iainkerr7 wrote:It's official.. Considering buying a brand new pair now as they won't be around for long.
why are you saying they won't be around for long?? i thought it was just a rumor again?
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

roland wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:It's official.. Considering buying a brand new pair now as they won't be around for long.
why are you saying they won't be around for long?? i thought it was just a rumor again?
No, Panasonic have confirmed that Technics are no longer in production.

It's a sad day.

Shame it costs £1000+ for a brand new pair though.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

where is the statement?? googled a lot but couldn't find it.. do you buy your pair directly from the panasonic homepage?? here in austria there aren`t any shops which actually still have them right..
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

roland wrote:where is the statement?? googled a lot but couldn't find it.. do you buy your pair directly from the panasonic homepage?? here in austria there aren`t any shops which actually still have them right..
http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=13154

I was just looking at UK shops, I'm not sure if you can order direct from them tbh..
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Should I buy the analog turntable Technics SL 1200/1210?

Post by b-ran »

Robot Criminal wrote: I've had moments at parties I've been like ooh sht this sht hot rare track!!! I have it! He has it too, cool! Must've schemed hard to get it on vinyl... Just to find out later the feller played an mp3. Weak, if you ask me. Feels like cheating, honestly. Rant over.
what if you actually own a copy of the record but are fearful of losing/damaging it so you rip it and play it off a cd or your laptop? if its a rare record i could totally understand that...as long as you play a ripped .wav and not .mp3! i never buys mp3s, id rather pay $1 extra to get the .wav which sounds just as good as vinyl if not better.