my little boy is recovering in hospital

- open
adelaideperson
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by adelaideperson »

it's been over two years now and i suppose we've pretty much come to terms with the situation (as parents). we're still pursuing physiotherapy, occupational & speech therapy. andre will in all likelyhood never make a "full" recovery. there was considerable brain damage.

at the moment he can speak probably on the level of a two year old although some of his pronunciation is a little hard to understand.

we are still working at getting his right arm/hand working again, he will bear weight on his right arm and can do some limited grasping with that hand. he can walk however is unable to get to a standing position without using something to climb up on. standing unassisted is also one of the major goals we're working towards.

before his accident we weren't going to have any more children, however afterwards we reconsidered; once andre was able to walk my partner and i decided to give him a younger sibling for company etc. rose is now just over 7 months old.

:D :D :D
codix
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by codix »

yeah really nice pictures, he looks peacefull and happy with his sibling and up in the sun. :)

amazing how many power you have and invest! great!

he will take his way and gets up to a good condition, i hope so and you work hard for it, so it will become true.

you are great persons! thx for the update ;) was thinking about you since some days. because there was no update since a long time.

i wish ya and your family all the best,
codix
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

just read the entire tread - thanks everyone and specially derek/andre

best of luck for the future
Resistance
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Resistance »

Congratulations on your new addition. Andre deserves a beautiful little sister.
JonasEdenbrandt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JonasEdenbrandt »

Never saw this thread before.
My best regards and cheers for doing what seems to be a great job with your children.
modelfruit
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by modelfruit »

yea...more great news!

rose + andré both look healthy + are adorable.

best wishes for you + thérèse, xo!
suli.belarto
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by suli.belarto »

All I can say is WOW! Andre is inspiration and definitely a superman :)
I am filled with every emotion possible and as all else on this thread hope for the best to all that is part o your family. I am reminded to share even just a smile to people around. Thank you.
adelaideperson
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by adelaideperson »

just a happy update, finally three years later, Andre has finally got to a stand unassisted and unsupported. this has been our goal for the last 3 years, just need to set a new goal now!!

:D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGW8Pt1f2c8