pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Themis wrote:
would love to debate and get/share insights
really dont believe that you get this on facebook
Why would I say that then? :?

I would add more friends who are into music discussions. I get tons of really cool interactions either on my page or in private or groups. I'm not going to fall into another debate of fb sucks or something; you just need to use to your needs. srlsy.
mizzdirekt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mizzdirekt »

Any of you guys old enough to remember friendster...and then myspace...God I loath social networks. Facebook will be dead soon to...then all the young ones will move to a different social network which will eventually die as well. You don't get to know anybody on a computer.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

mizzdirekt wrote:Any of you guys old enough to remember friendster...and then myspace...God I loath social networks. Facebook will be dead soon to...then all the young ones will move to a different social network which will eventually die as well. You don't get to know anybody on a computer.
whatever. I met my wife on Myspace and we're having a kid in a few months.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

social networking is expanding if anything.
Lot of dating on there that is for sure.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

mizzdirekt wrote:Any of you guys old enough to remember friendster...and then myspace...God I loath social networks. Facebook will be dead soon to...then all the young ones will move to a different social network which will eventually die as well. You don't get to know anybody on a computer.
I remember Friendster and of course myspace (which still exists, and they want to get back in the game again, with tons of new features coming the next year or so, but let's see).
Of course there will come new social networks, well, there already are other alternatives to facebook, but I think facebook will be here for a long time yet. They nailed it pretty good regarding the networking/socializing.

Here's a pretty long article with Zuckerberg, and they have some big future visions for internet/social network/facebook...
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010 ... ntPage=all
mizzdirekt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mizzdirekt »

I'm not gonna sit here and beef with you about finding your wife on myspace pheek...I'm glad you found someone to share a lifetime with on your computer. I hope it will last like forever (20-30-50 years on)...or maybe you guys are just spur of the moment people and don't see marraige as a lifetime commitment...I don't know so I can't say...but congrates anyway...all the best. Welcome to the new world order. I don't have any idea why we don't just buy ourselves pillowed easy chairs to sit in and plug our minds into the borg collective by now, cause that is were this headed. Sometimes I think the aliens are biding their time...knowing we will kill ourselves. Then the planet is theirs to be taken! muhahahahhaa.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

mizzdirekt wrote:I'm not gonna sit here and beef with you about finding your wife on myspace pheek...I'm glad you found someone to share a lifetime with on your computer. I hope it will last like forever (20-30-50 years on)...or maybe you guys are just spur of the moment people and don't see marraige as a lifetime commitment...I don't know so I can't say...but congrates anyway...all the best. Welcome to the new world order. I don't have any idea why we don't just buy ourselves pillowed easy chairs to sit in and plug our minds into the borg collective by now, cause that is were this headed. Sometimes I think the aliens are biding their time...knowing we will kill ourselves. Then the planet is theirs to be taken! muhahahahhaa.
:lol: