Communication Changing

- open
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Communication Changing

Post by jackbrazzo »

I been posted over a lot of forum boards over the years, pretty diverse subjects sometimes but mostly house music. Other than the producing section which is is full of insightful comments there seems less and less comments on this forum, and I think its translates to other forums too that I use.

I wonder if communication has changed so much that people are more inclined to issue statements and views a la twitter and facebook, rather than discuss via a modded board.

Just a thought what does everyone else think?

DISCUSS :)
WillieSmalls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by WillieSmalls »

Most threads turn into an "I'm right, you are wrong" discussion which gets tiring after years of forum usage, thus nobody seems to bother commenting anymore.
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

I love this board. But I think It could use some freshening up or maybe an update or a minor facelift or some html enabling to freshen things up.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

yeah, that's an interesting point. Over the last few years we've had more and more channels of communication thrust upon us; myspace, facebook, twitter so i guess that means forums will lose out on the amount of time there. each individual has a limited communication output so each channel only gets a share of this time.

me personally, i got totally fed up with internet communication. i hate facebook - but it's a good place to keep a lot of people off the streets. also this forum attracted a lot of nonsense and so i stopped coming here as much - an exact reflection of the reality of the techno scene.

nothing needs to change on this forum though. there is no need for gimmicky bullsht to stimulate peoples thoughts, ideas and communication. i swear facebook has turned people into fckin retards. some people can't even write an email anymore. i daren't even look at twitter.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

Can i just say though that since I have joined I have been astounded at the level of info in the producing section. I dont produce - yet, but there is so much info on there on gear and production tips.

I've had to join facebook this year, I resisted for so long but in the end I was losing contact with events and people and also I missed out on the djing promo route of course. I am not a fan at all but see it as a necessary evil this days.

I guess the general chat is just for that - chat, look at the netlabels section for the depth perception. I am revising today but later on I will have the whole album on loop - fucking amazing stuff.

I think less and less people will use forums (I happen to like the format) people can google pretty much anything these days, plus as you say clubfoot, people have so many streams such as twatter and facebonk that you cant spend much time on all on them.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

also this forum attracted a lot of nonsense and so i stopped coming here as much - an exact reflection of the reality of the techno scene.
why do you think this? I just go out and party, I dont see any major changes really I guess? People still want to listen to music and younger people are on the scene which of course is the lifeblood, aint perfect but nothing is.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

jackbrazzo wrote:
also this forum attracted a lot of nonsense and so i stopped coming here as much - an exact reflection of the reality of the techno scene.
why do you think this? I just go out and party, I dont see any major changes really I guess? People still want to listen to music and younger people are on the scene which of course is the lifeblood, aint perfect but nothing is.
http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63258
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

lol true but you are always going to get trollers and people who take the piss - the better post outweigh the negative ones.