Ancient Aliens 2010 on the History Channel

- open
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

john clees wrote: your taking the idea of multiple stories and depicting them within 100 years when the topic is 1000's of years.. ..

no comprende amigo...

;)
the pyramids built by egyptians 2500 bc...
then the others didn't come into existence for another 2000 years later... from about 500BC... and they were grandoise constructions of the greeks, babylonians and perisans of the time... however they're not really that connected... each wonder were jsut marvels, and they each had their own purpose for being constrcuted... for example..
the pyramids were tombs for their kings...
the hanging gardens of babylon was supposed to be entertainment for a king's homesick wife.. however they might not have even existed...
the lighthouse of alexandria was a.. urm lighthouse that guided sailors...
statue of zeus at olympia was for the greek god zeus, not any eygptian god...

see my point? what mythological arrangements and stars are you talking about for these other wonders?? you're not making any sense.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

I'll sound shallow here but whats the point in talking about this. I'll be honest a lot of this chat has been interesting, but where the fck is getting us.

We should be concerned about whats happening now and in the future. Some clever arse is going to come back and say well to learn about the future we have to learn about the past, to a certain extent yes, but I think we have plenty to occupy us in this world and many pressing needs.

Inqualities
Religion still fucking with peoples minds
Rich and Poor gap
the list is endless. Its just my take on it this.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I agree. my mistake on saying the "same" time.

without doing a google search.....

WHO get's to call them the actual wonder's of the world....?

and what are the other 7 wonder's?

haha
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

jackbrazzo wrote:I'll sound shallow here but whats the point in talking about this. I'll be honest a lot of this chat has been interesting, but where the fck is getting us.

We should be concerned about whats happening now and in the future. Some clever arse is going to come back and say well to learn about the future we have to learn about the past, to a certain extent yes, but I think we have plenty to occupy us in this world and many pressing needs.

Inqualities
Religion still fcking with peoples minds
Rich and Poor gap
the list is endless. Its just my take on it this.
If you're from the UK have you been watching the program on ch4 about Religion? Crazy really that there is all this evidence to back evolution up, but these crazy religious people wont accept it. There was also a bit where the pope claimed that condoms could make the aids crisis in Africa worse. :lol:
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

john clees wrote: WHO get's to call them the actual wonder's of the world....?
and what are the other 7 wonder's?
its originally the 7 ancient wonders of the world..
put together by some dudes from greece back in't day.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Wond ... ient_World

so have we agreed now that aliens didn't build the pyramids?
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

Oh yeah the religion thing, its absolutely incredible that people can think a big daddy in the sky can sort all the problems of this world and we can live forever on a paradise earth - what tutter tosh.

Everyone still sees science as the baddy the big evil, even though many have pioneering a better life for many on this planet.

A lot of people say its a comfort to people, well i just say its believing and living a lie
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

jackbrazzo wrote:Oh yeah the religion thing, its absolutely incredible that people can think a big daddy in the sky can sort all the problems of this world and we can live forever on a paradise earth - what tutter tosh.

Everyone still sees science as the baddy the big evil, even though many have pioneering a better life for many on this planet.

A lot of people say its a comfort to people, well i just say its believing and living a lie
Yes I agree. I read somewhere the other day that 45% of Americans believe that this planet is only 10,000 years old. :lol:
Last edited by ::BLM:: on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctadamian
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ctadamian »

About the same percent (42) of romanians believe the sun is moving around the earth. (recent study) :lol: