RentAcrowd

- open
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

totally but that didnt happen with my crew. I got a lot down but hardly anyone else made the effort. Time to find another night. Thats what was frustrating. I'd made the effort - others havent.

Time to find another night maybe?
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

I lose money I swear I'll never do a party again, and then a few months later I find myself running around town again with boxes of flyers
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

jackbrazzo wrote:totally but that didnt happen with my crew. I got a lot down but hardly anyone else made the effort. Time to find another night. Thats what was frustrating. I'd made the effort - others havent.

Time to find another night maybe?
ah yes, that's also a classic one: everyone wants to get involved but as soon as there's WORK to be done, you see them scatter :) :) And some even come asking for guest tickets afterwards. Also very often happening: people 'working' for giving free drinks to their mates. Can't see anyone working for Burger King and giving away the Whoppers for free (if someone does it, I'll be your friend).

Anyway, can only say: do everything yourself and rely on yourself alone. Or do a second room on a big event, less risk, dj exposure galore and no stress beforehand ;)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

We did a night, but also had problems with numbers and lost loads of money. Just the way it goes I'm afriad unless you have a crowd of people that are always willing to support you.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Being a hip promoter in town is a double full time job in it self...
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Yep. If you're going to do it properly, you need to dedicate all your time too it. Although when I attempted I had no job, so focused completly on the night but numbers were still quite low.
CBLVSN
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by CBLVSN »

You could always partner up with a more established promoter around town and split the costs of the event. You may lose half the money but you gain a name and a following.
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

You're doing it wrong.

Get out of the bar and into your own private venue. Have your own bar. Take more time to organize something special and try and do something different. Having the mindset of booking more Djs to bring more people never works and is setting yourself up for failure. Build around one headliner you like with the best supoorting cast possible. Like someone said involve more people outside your group. Find a good sound guy if you don't have one on the cheap and look harder for sick venues. I do all of this above with my friends and we break even 3/4 times.

P.S-If you are playing house/techno get the fck out of the club/bar!!