an idea...

- ask away
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

reckon in here would be better, feels like this place is getting a bit quiet somehow...
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

I'd be into that.. I reckon here aswell coz all the member tracks are usually finished..
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I say here too, just because I never go into the members section. I also feel like I know most of the people in this section, so have no problem disecting tracks to you lot.
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

::BLM:: wrote: Pretty much what breakitdown is doing, but we all would be getting involved and sharing with the community.

Who/What is breakitdown????
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

what technique exactly are you talking about?
the idea does sound interesting, but someone needs to moderate it so it wont be another how to get that sub bass sound.
i dont think i even have a technique. i just know the tools i have and experimenting with them on different things as i go. i never say 'i want this this way and need to use this technique to get it' before i already have the sound. i only come up with an idea as i go. kinda like noodeling.
Dusk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dusk »

damagedgoods wrote:reckon in here would be better, feels like this place is getting a bit quiet somehow...
Never seen the whole forum quieter actually. The mnml backlash is complete. Deep house has won. :lol:

Seriously though, its not ideal having a forum named after a specific genre tag, now that the 'mnml' sound is pretty much finished - obviously not as an overall aesthetic but as a tangible, relevant 'scene' that lots of producers can identify with / aspire towards.

I blame Hawtin naturally. Seems like M-nus co-opted, then progressively ingested (rectally) 'mnml'.

BTW BLM - I really loved 'waiting game'. hope you earnt a bit from that vinyl.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

the problem with doing it here is the production section will turn into something like the members section. i don't think the forum is big enough for both sections.