Modular System

- ask away
soos
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Modular System

Post by soos »

Hi everyone, this is my first post as you see.

I make music with my laptop running softwares like Max/Msp, Audiomulch, Metasynth...etc. But i want to add some analog gears also. So i'm into modular systems for making everthing with them. Firstly, i can start to modular world with buying simple, small modular system that i can create also percussive pieces instead of melodic or noisy stuff with it. I mean i want to make all i want with it. (noise, rhythm, sound designing...etc)

But i'm newbie about hardware as i've mentioned i've been making music laptop. So can making music with modular synths be so complicated to me?

And my budget is like 1500 euro so is it enough for making simple, small modular system for now?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

the best thing to do is spend a few months researching different modules and draw up a plan for your system.

read this thread

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54053
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

Don't do it, there is no better way to look like a douche bag in 2010 than to own a modular synthesizer. Especially a modular in Eurorack format, it just has "I am a trendy dickhead" written all over it.
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

Casanova808 wrote:Don't do it, there is no better way to look like a douche bag in 2010 than to own a modular synthesizer. Especially a modular in Eurorack format, it just has "I am a trendy dickhead" written all over it.
you found a better way right there!

you do apparently care about what's hot and how you look with a piece of gear 2010, you sure that wasn't written in the mirror?

get over yourself.
Last edited by Salomo on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
soos
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by soos »

I don't understand what's the relation between 2010 and modular system, sorry?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Casanova808 wrote:Don't do it, there is no better way to look like a douche bag in 2010 than to own a modular synthesizer. Especially a modular in Eurorack format, it just has "I am a trendy dickhead" written all over it.
maybe you should get one.
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

I love trolling this board. You make fun of the latest trends and people get mad at you.

This music sucked when people were doing with vsts, then it got discredited because people finally stopped believing the hype, and now mnml has moved on to "real" hardware.

I will be back in another week to talk more sh!t.
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

Casanova808 wrote:I love trolling this board. You make fun of the latest trends and people get mad at you.

This music sucked when people were doing with vsts, then it got discredited because people finally stopped believing the hype, and now mnml has moved on to "real" hardware.

I will be back in another week to talk more sh!t.
i wouldn't normally bother to respond to random nonsense, but the guy who started this topic asked for some normal advice, just skip if you can't produce meaningful words.

i'm not mad, just feel pity for you, n fantasized insights on music. real hardware has been around a bit longer than you think, you might want to think that theory over again. you singlehandedly decide what's bad, wow.