Plastikman - On a permanent transition / Interview

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

He is saying that he would rather be on the boat that goes out exploring the world, than staying back on holding on to the already known/existing things, which IMO reflects him as the person he is in the music business.

What's wrong with that analogy?

I don't hear him say that he will enlighten anybody with his music, how do you come to that conclusion? (even though he probably does enlighten many people).

Just because you feel bad doesn't mean the analogy he uses is bad, right?
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

but he doesnt speaks only about his wish to explore, he speaks also about

"and when they went around the world and came back, the people were devastated, cause there little world, that they believed in has broken, and then they had to grow and learn about a new world"

thats actually the part of this analogy which dont fit with music ..

adding another quote

"if you just sitting there with your hands crossed, thinking that nothing will change, you are already dead"

following a blabla about he didnt want to say something about vinyl vs digital, but the picture is more then clear
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

patrick bateman wrote:
daniellesniewski wrote:haha i think he's a wkd dj but his interviews are sometimes cringe worthy. sometimes his mannerisms and analogies want to make me claw at my screen!
Finally had the time and energy to watch it.
I didn't find any 'crazy' things in this interview, did you?
I didn't either... what gives ? you guys are wayyy to serious... richie bashing is so 2006...lol

he's talking about how people fight change, what he's done, why he's doing things and how he will continue to move forward..

it's the same with the aliens : how things were written in the 70's about such things, people resisted, and even to this day most have no concept to anything on the subject matter. always open to new technolgy SHOULD be a priority. techno in and of itself : is forward thinking music. (man & machine)

(-)
daniellesniewski
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daniellesniewski »

dont get me wrong, i think richie hawtin is wkd, an insanely talented man, i wouldn't even consider what im typing as 'bashin'; its just his interviews. you can see he always gets really excited about what he's talking about, which is cool; like its good to see people really enjoying what they're doing; but him using explorers as an example? a void to fill in the edm industry? its just too glamorous and pretentious for me :P

its not like i want him to be more modest; he's accomplished so much that being modest would probably be an effort with him. just think that his manner of expressing himself is very flowery :P
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

So he's comparing himself with Napoleon. He's out there alright
you are what you tweed
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

S.D.L wrote:So he's comparing himself with Napoleon. He's out there alright
He is just a nerd.

New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Pretty normal interview IMO. I really am looking forward to his new plastikman material too.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

people read too much about artists and music these days. Just listen to it and play tracks of whatever the label or producer might be.
didn't check out the interview, in a few weeks Plastikman is coming to Pukkelpop. The music here will tell me all I need to know about him. All the cubes and "usetheforce" posters, the gadgets and haircuts are background static to me.