How much grief do you get for making music???!!

- open
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

A girl worth wasting whiskey for? Must be really special.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Utopian82 wrote:Luckily ended up with the right girlfriend... she also makes music so she's completely on the same wavelength and compared to anybody else it's pretty easy to sit down and make music without being harassed. :) (one downer, she doesn't like clubs but that's where the mates come in handy)

Very impressed Psytox, I honestly don't know how to find the time for all of that. I literally quit my job 2 1/2 weeks ago and moved to Canada for 4 months so that I can concentrate on music as I was getting back from work at 8-9pm!! How would you say you split your hours in between all of that?
Well... I work 9-5 but a lot of the work for the label is done on my lunch breaks, my boss is also the label sponsor so that's quite allright :)

I also only live half an hour from work, get home at 5.30 pm, so start making music rightaway for an hour or two, my wife always gets home later because she is a corporate big shot, so plenty of time to do my own thing then,... and when she watches sex & the city I'm next to her with the laptop and I watch beatport and decks.de ;)

I mean, if both persons spend as much time together as possible but at the same time manage to do their own thing, it's manageable. I just don't sit down ever, always busy doing something. I'm just lucky to be completely immune for stress and pressure, so working in any form is completely relaxing to me :)

The question is of course how much you are bothered if you have to spend time with your girldfriend. If you want to spend all your time on your own things, I think a relationship is not the thing for you at the moment. Which is fine too :)
Direkt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: How much grief do you get for making music???!!

Post by Direkt »

kristofason wrote:I get a lot from my girlfriend, especially now ive got a dedicated room...

Who wants to sit and watch shite telly ie 'Britains got fookin talent'..?
Doesn't she understand im tryin to make golden records?!
I used to get it alot from my old girlfriend. Too much time in front of the computer, not going out as often as we used to, and stuff like that. One day something magical has happened. I showed her some stuff in ableton, she liked it, and started making her own music. Sounds like beating a pillow with a stick, but i always tell her it's great :D
bam
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Direkt wrote: Sounds like beating a pillow with a stick, but i always tell her it's great :D
you got to start somewhere.
lejockey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lejockey »

Sounds like beating a pillow with a stick, but i always tell her it's great :D
lol funniest thing I have read all day
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

Utopian82 wrote:
S.D.L wrote:Grief for producing, none.

Grief for gameing, all the time..

You should twist her inside and out in the bedroom. I bet she doesn't say anything again. Works for me..
How the hell do you find tim to make music, play games and have a gf?? I need to know the answer!!! :shock:
You forgot the most time consuming of them all, kids..

Psytox is right, you need the right GF.

Oh, and no sleep...
you are what you tweed
prussell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by prussell »

I give myself the most grief about making music...lol
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

S.D.L wrote:
Utopian82 wrote:
S.D.L wrote:Grief for producing, none.

Grief for gameing, all the time..

You should twist her inside and out in the bedroom. I bet she doesn't say anything again. Works for me..
How the hell do you find tim to make music, play games and have a gf?? I need to know the answer!!! :shock:
You forgot the most time consuming of them all, kids..

Psytox is right, you need the right GF.

Oh, and no sleep...
Yeah, you people who moan about the GF giving you grief, wait till you have kids - goodbye music making time...