- only
Perc Trax
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[TPTDIGI036] Sawf - Pamfago EP

Post by Perc Trax »

Sawf - Pamfago EP (TPTDIGI036)

Direct Beatport Link: http://tinyurl.com/y2cbh3y

It is a rare thing to find an artist with his own individual sound in this era of cookie-cutter mnml and tired dub-techno retreads so we must all be thankful for Sawf. Without doubt one of Perc Trax's most impressive discoveries, Sawf's blend of jackin' cut-up techno has spread from his studio in Athens to receive worldwide support.

For his 3rd Perc Trax EP he widens his palette even more, taking in the breakbeat rhythms that Perc has been toying with recently plus the classic dub techno sounds of Berlin.

From the bassline tech-house of Body to the industrial groove of Empilota this is Sawf at his very best and his last digital EP before his Perc Trax vinyl debut later this year.

DJ Feedback
Adam Beyer (Drumcode) 'Really cool stuff, full support.'
Luke Slater (Ostgut Ton/Mote Evolver) 'Solid stuff'
Len Faki (Ostgut Ton) 'Stuck on "body" and "la kouava"! Thanx.'
Paco Osuna (Minus/Drumcode) 'Very cool.'
Phil Kieran (Cocoon) 'Some great ones here! Thanks very much .'
Gary Beck (Soma/Minus) 'Pamfago is the one for me here, nice one. quality.'
Ambivalent (Minus) 'Sawf is totally on to something here. This is a really great release.'
Par Grindvik (Spectral/Drumcode) 'Both dub mixes - thanks!'
DVS1 (Klockworks) 'Body Original! The sample is nicely used! Work Work, Body body.'
Bas Mooy (Audio Assault) 'Like the both dub mixes best. Nice release!'
Joseph Capriati (CLR/Analytictrail) 'Pamfago is my favourite!'
Tommy Four Seven (CLR/Electric Deluxe) 'Nice funky tones, kinda disco meets techno, nice!'
Kyle Geiger (Drumcode) 'Really feeling Pamfago and La Kouva!'
Giorgio Gigli (Prologue/Wagon Repair) 'GO! GO! GO! "La kouva" is very cool techno track! deepness & darkness Thanks G.'
Truss (Synewave/Perc Trax) 'Really into this one. Especially like both Empilota and Body (Dub Mix). Looking forward to hearing more from this guy. Thanks for sending!'
Lucy (Stroboscopic Artefacts) 'Empilota is the one for me. Really cool to be mixed in all sorts of ways! I really dig also Body (Dub Mix), crazy bass line.'
Chris Finke (Atomic Jam/Flux) 'Yes, Sawf back on it. He doesn't sound like anyone else...in a good way. Cheers.'
Ambivalent (Minus) 'Sawf is totally on to something here. This is a really great release.'
Donor (Synewave/Perc Trax) 'Solid EP! Interesting sound. Looking forward to playing this... Thanks.'
Markantonio (Analytictrail) 'Full Support.'