Total votes: 172

Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

patrick bateman wrote:
Daemonix wrote:
Opuswerk wrote:
or you could use thise little program: http://www.coolbook.se/CoolBook.html ...
have you used it? this is for making the speed Lower... ?!?
I think that software like that cannot make changes above(in speed) and below(in fan spped) the apple "safe" setting hardcoded into the "bios" (not sure what is the correct term for a Mac)

Have you try it?

tasos
I use a program called smcfancontrol, and you can't tweak to less or more than the apple 'safe' settings anyway, so no problems in using such a program.
we have a winner!!! I used CoolBook! And you can use the FULL cpu power without the battery!!!!! :D :D (macbook Unib 2.4g with 10.6) and without doing any under-voltage!! just use CoolBoook's CPU throttling.

Tasos
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KrisM »

Regarding CoolBook:

"It is not possible to transfer the license to a new computer."

I really hate things like that. :roll:

Still looks like a nifty program. Only thing that bothers me is on 10.5.7 I would have sworn my MacBook had no fan. Enter 10.5.8 and higher, and it gets hot.

all the same, thanks for the heads up :) My MacBook can hit .95V @ 2.4GHz (max) and will still do 2261MHz @ .9375V, the lowest setting :D
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

Daemonix wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
Daemonix wrote:
Opuswerk wrote:
or you could use thise little program: http://www.coolbook.se/CoolBook.html ...
have you used it? this is for making the speed Lower... ?!?
I think that software like that cannot make changes above(in speed) and below(in fan spped) the apple "safe" setting hardcoded into the "bios" (not sure what is the correct term for a Mac)

Have you try it?

tasos
I use a program called smcfancontrol, and you can't tweak to less or more than the apple 'safe' settings anyway, so no problems in using such a program.
we have a winner!!! I used CoolBook! And you can use the FULL cpu power without the battery!!!!! :D :D (macbook Unib 2.4g with 10.6) and without doing any under-voltage!! just use CoolBoook's CPU throttling.

Tasos

;) told ya.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

KrisM wrote:Regarding CoolBook:

"It is not possible to transfer the license to a new computer."

I really hate things like that. :roll:

Still looks like a nifty program. Only thing that bothers me is on 10.5.7 I would have sworn my MacBook had no fan. Enter 10.5.8 and higher, and it gets hot.

all the same, thanks for the heads up :) My MacBook can hit .95V @ 2.4GHz (max) and will still do 2261MHz @ .9375V, the lowest setting :D
I dont think I have time to play with the V :) Ijust pressed the "defaults" button! :D
But its a good thing to have :)

Tasos
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KrisM »

Fair enough. But now I can run my Macbook using less power than the default 1V/1.5GHz low power setting. It runs stable @ .9375V/2261MHz on battery o.O It was worth it to me.
solart
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by solart »

about macs well is it possible to overclock general mac? desktop or whatever? n what bout hackintosh? is it doable for audio production?

using live next on the list logic n PT
solarmachines?
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

KrisM wrote:Fair enough. But now I can run my Macbook using less power than the default 1V/1.5GHz low power setting. It runs stable @ .9375V/2261MHz on battery o.O It was worth it to me.
We have the same MB.. what are your settings?

tnx
tasos
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KrisM »

I'd have to look to be more specific, but I have two settings for on power and I think one for battery.

iirc:

power:
2261MHz @ .9375V
2346MHz @ .95V It wouldn't do max speed at lowest voltage error-free for me.

battery:
2261MHz @ .9375V

I believe on-battery I left it at only one setting, since it's the lowest possible voltage of the CPU.

YMMV, use the CPU test app that comes with it and follow the instructions. It's pretty easy, don't set the values in stone until it tests solid, then feel free to make the changes permanent (ie every time you boot up). Each CPU is different, yours might better mine by pulling max freq @ minimum voltage, or it might need more voltage to do a given freq error-free.