DSI Tetra vs Access Virus B vs Doepfer Dark Energy

- ask away
CUBANb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

DSI Tetra vs Access Virus B vs Doepfer Dark Energy

Post by CUBANb »

Lately I have been looking for a new synth to experiment with and Ive come up with 3 possible options. The Dave smith tetra which is analog sounds great and can play up to 4 voices at once. It like having 4 morpho's for the price of 2. Here you can here some of the presets that come with the synth. My second option is the access virus B which is a VA. It has 24voices and 3 osc. per voice, which sounds like it can be very flexible. It also comes with multiple effects which is a plus over the tetra. Here is a demo of the virus b being used with a MD. Lastly I also took a look at the Doepfer Dark Energy. This synth is semi-modular and even uses patch cables to route lfo's to the vco, vcf, and vca. Here are some sound samples which sound pretty good but not sure if it would be useful for making fat girty basslines.

So after this long winded explanation of these 3 synths my question is if you have used 1 of the synths, how do you like it and whether or not it would be possible to do a live performance with it? In addition I already own a Microkorg and a machinedrum, would getting one of these overlap the ability of one of these machines?
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

I've got an Access Virus C and a Tetra

go for the Tetra or Dark Energy

they are both analog and will merge well with your digital korg and MD

additionally they are smaller than the Virus, more portable for shows

I'd get the Virus as replacement for your microkorg,

but if its working fine, get some analog gear

the Access TI series does sound awesome though