What is Your Favourite Synth?

- ask away
chris_page
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by chris_page »

I split my time between Reason (go easy on me!) and Live 8. I'm a big fan of the noises you can drag out of Predator, and what with the Reason connection, Thor.
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

my favorite synth is a plain old square wave, with a touch of LFO a la LPF, and then send it through reverb, delay, more filters, EQ, compression, chorus, phase in any order possible
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

id have to say my prophet 08 despite the fact that the encoders are so jumpy and two of my eight voices just died the other day :?
Last edited by Spurn on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
goomba
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by goomba »

sh-101
who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Depre wrote:id have to say my prophet 08 despite the fact that the encoders are so jumpy and two of my eight voices just died the other day :?
I don't know about the voices, but get a bottle of deoxit (the small 100% solution) to put in the encoders. There's detailed instructions on the dsi site on how to apply the deoxit. It works. Mine were super jumpy and it cured the problem. Just let the synth sit overnight after you put it in. ALL the encoders work perfect now. No jumpiness at all.

It's my vote for favorite synth. Well, prebuilt synth anyways.
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

yeah ive heard about that. im going to have to send my voice board to dsi soon so they can fix, i'll get the deoxit at the same time.
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

AudioRealism BassLine Pro.
Always think twice.
jobbanaught
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jobbanaught »

Hardware: Waldorf Microwave 1 - best bass synth Ive ver heard, analog filters are mmhhh.....

VST: Sylenth. Lately Ive tried DaHornet alot, nice emulation of the old WASP synth