fuuuull-service artist management?

- open
LetsGoOutside
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

fuuuull-service artist management?

Post by LetsGoOutside »

is there such a thing as a person that not only does artist management to the extent of label and tour stuff, but can also sort out all my freaking music into albums and demos and shop stuff around? i've narrowed down what i think is release-worthy to a mere 292 tracks spanning about 43 hours. i think it's safe to say that i've waited way too long to decide to do something with my music, but i really don't know where to begin.

i tend to work on music faster than i can listen to it. like once it's done, i just show a few friends and move onto the next thing, and never take the time to package it up or try to do anything with it. some of these are seventy minute longform epics that have been heard by no one but me. i figure with as much as i listen to this kind of stuff, there has to be a market for it.

so, is there such a thing as full-service artist management that i can pay to feed my tracks to and then they just get sh!t done? there just aren't enough hour in the day for me to both lay down ideas and try to package and market them.
hickslayer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hickslayer »

i can't help you
sorry

but is there a way i can hear one of these epics?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

If you have the money, then everything should be possible you know.
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

it's really better you do as much as possible yourself
more control... but if you want to have your musci out there, you're gonna have to spend some time in getting it heard to the right people and that's really up to you
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: fuuuull-service artist management?

Post by pheek »

LetsGoOutside wrote: so, is there such a thing as full-service artist management that i can pay to feed my tracks to and then they just get sh!t done? there just aren't enough hour in the day for me to both lay down ideas and try to package and market them.
Unless you do rock or pop and sell 40k copies, that might happen. But like others said, in underground music, you want to do it all yourself.
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: fuuuull-service artist management?

Post by Jesse Somfay »

pheek wrote:
LetsGoOutside wrote: so, is there such a thing as full-service artist management that i can pay to feed my tracks to and then they just get sh!t done? there just aren't enough hour in the day for me to both lay down ideas and try to package and market them.
Unless you do rock or pop and sell 40k copies, that might happen. But like others said, in underground music, you want to do it all yourself.
I agree totally. It's only something you might need if you are already a big name and are extremely busy. All in all, labels care about the music itself, the quality of the music and if you would fit with them musically, not about how you market it to them. The label is responsible for the marketing of the music it decides to put it out.
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

i wouldn't even wànt somebody else to decide this kinda stuff for me..