>MNML Forum Members B2B 2010 D/L + STREAM<

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

ParanoidDancer wrote:Nice one psytox! That indeed worked out quite well. Left me a little present at the end of your part eh? :-)
well, I figured you'd enjoy a bit wonky beats to mix, but I made sure it was long enough to mix it so you'll be fine :lol:

Did have some problems mixing on a -for me- slow tempo, not used to playing at 123BPM but it was fun. Can't wait to hear your part and the entire mix actually.

Btw Mr Smalls, that last track in your part is a killer. Love that one.
I also cut off the first beats so it would start on a beat so it should be easier for you to copy and paste it all together.
WillieSmalls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by WillieSmalls »

I've had the pleasure of listening through the mix a few times, it's rather good.

@Psytox, there's another track on the Scott Grooves 2x12" you may like, Solo Beat.

Look forward to getting the final section in :)
WillieSmalls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by WillieSmalls »

@Psytox & suli.belarto, which city in your country are you from?
ParanoidDancer
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by ParanoidDancer »

PsyTox wrote:well, I figured you'd enjoy a bit wonky beats to mix
You got that right! I'll do my part today so we can get this done by the weekend.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

WillieSmalls wrote:@Psytox & suli.belarto, which city in your country are you from?
Bruges, Belgium. (well, a small village near that, but I'll spare you the name)
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

haha bruges, there is a absolutly nice film about that town

its called "In Bruges"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780536/

i can absolutly recommend it, colin farell at his best.

EDIT: the towns name is not exactly mentioned in a good way in that film ^^
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

I know, I think everyone in Bruges has seen that movie. :lol: Great fun, and Farell even walked around in town during the shooting without bodyguards or entourage or security whatever, a friend of mine has a photo with him, having a beer in the pub :) His character does say some very hard things about the city in the movie, but that cracked me up even more. It's all true in a sense, but it's also what makes the place so great :)
"It's a shithole!" is the number one expression here btw thanks to the film :lol:
Although I absolutely LOVE this city. Might be mostly an openair museum, but it's also very beautiful and the people, restaurants and certain events are top notch, but you have to know your way around it. But it's a town that takes a while getting to know the good spots etc.

Only thing that lacks is more nightlife, but there are some very good yet small events now and then: dubstep and drum&bass are pretty well represented. And the city is lately doing their best to change policy towards a more "nightlife-friendly" attitude, and doing a good job too with a number of new halls having opened or coming soon. They have f.e. subsidised the sound isolation for a private owned venue a while ago. They invest lots of money in converting small venues or bars into locations where local promotors can host a party for reasonable prices and with perfect accomodation, anyway, it's really changing a lot in the last few years.

Anyway, way off topic ;)
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

i've seen the movie too..i also remember farell's accent being really funny.. =)

great tracks in both of the last two parts btw..