some whining: thinking about to quit buying music and to dj

- open
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

I myself tend to buy less and less, and that's because of the long samples available on the internet.

I spend my time enjoying a sample, and as soon as I get the record, I listen to it once and I don't touch to it anymore.

My purse is happy but I feel sad about that.

I also prefer tracks in a liveset than in a release. Alone, without being a part of a "story", it sounds empty.

About the sound quality, actually I don't care that much, I would never pay for some .wav of .flac for homelistening. I am not an audiophile, as sometimes I even prefer the sound quality of a myspace or juno sample than the quality of a 320kbps mp3... yeah, I can't explain why.
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

john clees wrote:listen to non-electronic music.

go see a live show, a live drummer, live bass guitar...

repeat..
+1

Soon enough you'll feel the urge to go back.
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

john clees wrote:listen to non-electronic music.

go see a live show, a live drummer, live bass guitar...

repeat..
What? :shock: Are you crazy!?!? ;)
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

Dragonsand wrote:I spend my time enjoying a sample, and as soon as I get the record, I listen to it once and I don't touch to it anymore.
This is one thing I find when being choosy with what records I spend my money on. I'll have a massive cart and by the time I end up choosing which tracks I really want and buy them I've listened to the sample so many times that I dont really listen to the tracks as much when Ive receieved them.
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

Yes, that's a real problem. Samples should be 20 seconds long, not more. Oww, I want more obscurantism, I don't want everything to be so easy... Even my perception of art is bored. I need a cure. :lol:
TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

It sucks having to fish through the "Thousands".

At least everytime I want to DJ I end up going through a few thousand tracks just to get a playlist... even then I can run really short with only like 12 tracks.
Marvid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Marvid »

TwelveHundred wrote:It sucks having to fish through the "Thousands".
That's exactly the point why I went back to vinyl. While flipping through a crate my eyes and fingers are a perfect team and usually come up with the right record - I don't think about it, can't really explain, just happens.
Files on a harddisk never jump on me like that so I end up with pre-planned boredom.
But that's just the usual user/tool question - the answer is always a personal one and hence a perfect subject for neverending debates on teh interwebz :D
BigPoe
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BigPoe »

It's so true that the number of digital releases is overwhelming these days, and now music is more and more disposable, i.e. you play a track twice and never listen to it again.

I think because of this I'm starting to go backwards and now I value old tunes that I know are timeless more. Never been one for playing old classics, preferring to investigate the latest directions but now I just can't be arsed! I guess that's burnout for you.