problems using my juno 106 as a midi controller...

- ask away
jibber
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jibber »

y'know i've been reading here a while and enjoying the producing forum, are you really that cliquey a bunch that you won't try and give some advice to someone new who's a bit stuck?
buonacc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by buonacc »

no need to be a douchebag (twice now). with something as complex as Cubase you'd think having the manual at hand is pretty important. start looking through some boxes for it (or maybe find a PDF online?). is there a specific Cubase forum you could ask this question on?
buonacc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by buonacc »

jibber wrote:... are you really that cliquey a bunch that you won't try and give some advice to someone new who's a bit stuck?
not too many people use Cubase. it could be a number of things, and someone who's not familiar with the program couldn't be much help.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

jibber wrote:y'know i've been reading here a while and enjoying the producing forum, are you really that cliquey a bunch that you won't try and give some advice to someone new who's a bit stuck?
mate, its not like loads of people know the solution and their holding out on you. lay off on whatevers making you so paranoid.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

jibber wrote:y'know i've been reading here a while and enjoying the producing forum, are you really that cliquey a bunch that you won't try and give some advice to someone new who's a bit stuck?
i don't care if your been on the forum for ten years or 5 minutes. Have you ever thought about upgrading to a newer version of cubase or buying an actual midi controller. if i can remember back all those years i think sx1 was very buggy.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

I fucking love this forum. :D :D

The solution has to be very simple! Especially if your able to record the mid and it plays back... its gonna be like a simple checkbox or some crap like that...

My question is... is this not working for VST's or not being able to play the instruments from cubase to reason through rewire?

I had a same problem with live... but there was some way to do it... at least for midi notes. Although, i couldn't figure out how to map midi knobs to reason from live.

Also, it looks like the operation manual is online... not sure if this will help your edge case though. sorry i don't know cubase... :P

http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=890&L=1
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: problems using my juno 106 as a midi controller...

Post by steevio »

jibber wrote:hi, been lurking a while and now breaking my duck...

i'm using cubase sx1 , with reason rewired into it. when i use my juno, i can input midi notes with it fine, but when i try and use it to control a soft synth for example, i can't get any audio to sound.

puzzled by this, it's definitely both sending and receiving midi notes, so why can i not get it to control a soft synth?

am i just being a bit thick?
i used to have a 106 but i cant remember whether it sent midi controller messages or not, maybe check on one of the synth geek forums.

let me check on my cubase to see what might be filtering your cc messages.
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

the 106 sends sysex messages only, not midi control. you can only trigger notes with it.

p.s. bite dck for acting like the forum owes you something.
/__/\ /__/\ /__/\
| |::\ \ \:\ | |::\